Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 06:42 PM

4 posts, read 5,569 times

Advertisements

Hi all ,

I would like to ask about this procedure " Buccal fat removal " for chubby cheeks. I am a 23 year old guy. I am very slim about 68kg and 175cm yet If you look at my face you would say I am 90kg !

I hate it, I look like a child. I've been told as I grow older my face will get thinner but not in my experience.

What do you suggest, should I have it done ?

I appreciate your help and opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:49 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,849,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotya View Post
Hi all ,

I would like to ask about this procedure " Buccal fat removal " for chubby cheeks. I am a 23 year old guy. I am very slim about 68kg and 175cm yet If you look at my face you would say I am 90kg !

I hate it, I look like a child. I've been told as I grow older my face will get thinner but not in my experience.

What do you suggest, should I have it done ?

I appreciate your help and opinion.
Oh no, don't do that.
I bet your cheeks are wonderful ... seriously.
You're judging yourself by some ridiculous standard of "perfection" that has become a kind of tyranny in the western world ... especially the u.s..
Accept yourself.
Your cheeks are part of your specialness and also it's wonderful to look like a child.
I know that you, as a man, don't realize that but it's true.
And you're still too young to notice the change that will happen when you get older.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:25 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,981,722 times
Sorry, I don't think you should have any procedure that is not medically necessary. Accept yourself for who you are.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:49 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
Quote:
I've been told as I grow older my face will get thinner but not in my experience.
You have to wait until you actually get older first! You are only 23! My suggestion - grow a beard, wear that for a few years. It will be instantly clear to everyone that you are no child. A few years later, the day you look into the mirror and think that the beard is really aging you, shave it off, and you'll find thinner cheeks. You could also work on lowering your body fat percentage (not your overall weight) but it sounds like your face will be the very last place you lose and you are already pretty slim. Weight training might be helpful.

If you get the fat removed now, you'll need to have it shot back in ten years later or you'll look emaciated and prematurely aged. Besides, plastic surgery almost never looks natural. Do you really want to risk living the rest of your life with a stranger staring out of the mirror at you over such a minor nitpick? Do you realize that even if you "fix" this problem, you are likely to then just obssess over your next-worse perceived imperfection? Suddenly that nose is just too big and sharp, or your chin is weak and you need an implant. Before you know it, you look like Kenny Rogers. Just say no!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
Oh no, don't do that.
I bet your cheeks are wonderful ... seriously.
You're judging yourself by some ridiculous standard of "perfection" that has become a kind of tyranny in the western world ... especially the u.s..
Accept yourself.
Your cheeks are part of your specialness and also it's wonderful to look like a child.
I know that you, as a man, don't realize that but it's true.
And you're still too young to notice the change that will happen when you get older.

I hope things will change but I don't think so. My cheeks look ridiculous.

I tried many times to just go on with my life and not to think about these shallow things but I can't !

I am really ashamed of myself, my father has cancer and yet am thinking about this procedure to enhance my appearance but I can't really help it.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
Sorry, I don't think you should have any procedure that is not medically necessary. Accept yourself for who you are.
I am trying my best. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
You have to wait until you actually get older first! You are only 23! My suggestion - grow a beard, wear that for a few years. It will be instantly clear to everyone that you are no child. A few years later, the day you look into the mirror and think that the beard is really aging you, shave it off, and you'll find thinner cheeks. You could also work on lowering your body fat percentage (not your overall weight) but it sounds like your face will be the very last place you lose and you are already pretty slim. Weight training might be helpful.

If you get the fat removed now, you'll need to have it shot back in ten years later or you'll look emaciated and prematurely aged. Besides, plastic surgery almost never looks natural. Do you really want to risk living the rest of your life with a stranger staring out of the mirror at you over such a minor nitpick? Do you realize that even if you "fix" this problem, you are likely to then just obssess over your next-worse perceived imperfection? Suddenly that nose is just too big and sharp, or your chin is weak and you need an implant. Before you know it, you look like Kenny Rogers. Just say no!

I want to look good in my 20's. I tried to grow my beard but I don't think this will help with dating as the majority prefer the clean-shaven look.

How do I know my bf % ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness