U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you know your blood type?
0+ 32 24.24%
A+ 29 21.97%
B+ 13 9.85%
AB+ 8 6.06%
0- 14 10.61%
A- 11 8.33%
B- 5 3.79%
AB- 8 6.06%
I do not know my blood type 11 8.33%
I know my blood type but rather not say 1 0.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-20-2011, 09:27 PM
 
18,856 posts, read 30,455,105 times
Reputation: 25990

Advertisements

I can't donate blood, I am too anemic. I can't donate plasma either, my veins are too small or thin or something. I think this is a rip, at work people get 4 hours of annual leave if they do nate blood once a month--i think I should get it too, it is not my fault they won't take my blood--i am "blood donor disabled", so, I think I should get the four hours of leave too.

Just my personal opinion on that issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 PM
 
Location: Portlandia "burbs"
10,236 posts, read 13,523,621 times
Reputation: 25856
I am A-.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 08:54 AM
 
9,209 posts, read 18,049,326 times
Reputation: 21953
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can't donate blood, I am too anemic. I can't donate plasma either, my veins are too small or thin or something. I think this is a rip, at work people get 4 hours of annual leave if they do nate blood once a month--i think I should get it too, it is not my fault they won't take my blood--i am "blood donor disabled", so, I think I should get the four hours of leave too.

Just my personal opinion on that issue.

I don't think it's possible to donate blood once a month! The Red Cross makes you wait at least 8 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,556,197 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I can't donate blood, I am too anemic. I can't donate plasma either, my veins are too small or thin or something. I think this is a rip, at work people get 4 hours of annual leave if they do nate blood once a month--i think I should get it too, it is not my fault they won't take my blood--i am "blood donor disabled", so, I think I should get the four hours of leave too.

Just my personal opinion on that issue.
Take the time off and go to the blood bank and get refused every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
10,713 posts, read 19,054,470 times
Reputation: 14678
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I am O-

I've never donated blood, but have recieved some!

I would like to give back though, what other qualifications must you have (or not)?
Weight at least 110 (I'm only 95) - can't have received a transfusion, there are various questions on HIV, etc. but can't recall them as they took one look at me a laughed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Cary NC
1,042 posts, read 1,361,010 times
Reputation: 2393
B+
Have a hard time giving blood apparently mine flows too quickly
first time it made me pass out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Virginia
7,893 posts, read 12,146,022 times
Reputation: 3549
This poll is so simple, but it got me to thinking about it. I don't know my blood type or that of my son. Maybe my wife knows. Next time I go to the Dr. maybe I'll ask about finding out. I just had blood drawn last week too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Here + There = Everywhere
415 posts, read 623,920 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
This poll is so simple, but it got me to thinking about it. I don't know my blood type or that of my son. Maybe my wife knows. Next time I go to the Dr. maybe I'll ask about finding out. I just had blood drawn last week too.
Exactly. I have been doing blood type research for over a year now and the only way that I can put it is that it is in the pharmaceutical industry's best interest for people not to know their blood type. In many nations the blood type is written on the citizen's drivers' licenses. Now ask yourself why there is zero education about it in the U.S., Canada and most countries in Europe.


~ Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
32,111 posts, read 39,184,670 times
Reputation: 40527
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthUp View Post
Exactly. I have been doing blood type research for over a year now and the only way that I can put it is that it is in the pharmaceutical industry's best interest for people not to know their blood type. In many nations the blood type is written on the citizen's drivers' licenses. Now ask yourself why there is zero education about it in the U.S., Canada and most countries in Europe.


~ Mike

What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Here + There = Everywhere
415 posts, read 623,920 times
Reputation: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What?
Have you studied the effect of mercury on embryos?

More on the Rho-Game: Children’s Hair Tests Positive For Mercury


Toxic metal clue to autism

Last edited by EarthUp; 12-21-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top