U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know your blood type?
0+ 32 24.24%
A+ 29 21.97%
B+ 13 9.85%
AB+ 8 6.06%
0- 14 10.61%
A- 11 8.33%
B- 5 3.79%
AB- 8 6.06%
I do not know my blood type 11 8.33%
I know my blood type but rather not say 1 0.76%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:23 PM

7,088 posts, read 12,698,087 times

Advertisements

What is your blood type?

B+ I was informed of this early on when I arrived at Parris Island, 1967. To the best of my knowledge, It has never changed. I suspect the Red Cross would have told me, I donate blood at least 6 times a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:29 PM

32,111 posts, read 39,170,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthUp View Post

So starting this thread was just furthering an anti-vaccine agenda which proposes that we go back to the days where rH incompatible babies died or were stillborn and diseases which we have eliminated are again allowed to run rampant?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:37 PM

415 posts, read 623,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So starting this thread was just furthering an anti-vaccine agenda which proposes that we go back to the days where rH incompatible babies died or were stillborn and diseases which we have eliminated are again allowed to run rampant?

I have no agenda. I want people to know what their type is, so there won't be shots given to those who don't need them. I am educating people about the risks so nothing comes as a surprise. And most of all I am letting people know the importance of their blood types so they themselves can at a later time make decisions based upon them without the need to rely on a pharmaceutical product.

Why would I want babies to die? You don't make any sense.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM

Blood Type Calculator

Two rh negatives do not create an rh positive child, yet women receive the shots even if the dad is rh negative simply because the father has no idea what his type is. Also: There needs to be more research done on how the blood type of the fetus can be tested in the mother's womb without the chance of harming the child.

Would you support injecting the expecting mother with a vaccine that has harmful side-effects when it really isn't needed?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:48 PM

893 posts, read 1,266,077 times
Quote:
In the past 2 years I have been heavily involved in the rh negative communities and have since experienced a lot of unawareness when it comes to blood type issues. First of, I was surprised to learn just how many people didn't know their type.

I am rh negative and have learned a little bit about the rh disease since.

So I am wondering: How many of you know your blood type, what is your type and how much do you guys know about rh compatibility issues when it comes to a rhesus negative mother carrying an rh positive fetus?

Best,

Mike Dammann
Curious as to what exactly is the "rh negative community"?

I didn't know my blood type until carrying my first baby at which time I found out I was rh negative. Really feel blessed in that respect because Rhogam hadn't been around all that long so I was able to have healthy kids becasue of it. All my babies (6 pregnancies, 2 of which did not make it to term) were positive so without Rhogam, I doubt I could have had four little darlins'. I do recall that when I had my first miscarriage, the military hospital told me that I didn't need to do anything but enough reading on my parthad made me aware that I had to have Rhogam after any conception event and so I went to a private doctor. I think I would have been in real trouble had I not done so and met others who followed the directions of the Navy hospital and had lots of issues in subsequent pregnancies. Like I said, thank God for Rhogam and the tenacity to be my own advocate!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzfroggez View Post
Curious as to what exactly is the "rh negative community"?

I didn't know my blood type until carrying my first baby at which time I found out I was rh negative. Really feel blessed in that respect because Rhogam hadn't been around all that long so I was able to have healthy kids becasue of it. All my babies (6 pregnancies, 2 of which did not make it to term) were positive so without Rhogam, I doubt I could have had four little darlins'. I do recall that when I had my first miscarriage, the military hospital told me that I didn't need to do anything but enough reading on my parthad made me aware that I had to have Rhogam after any conception event and so I went to a private doctor. I think I would have been in real trouble had I not done so and met others who followed the directions of the Navy hospital and had lots of issues in subsequent pregnancies. Like I said, thank God for Rhogam and the tenacity to be my own advocate!
There are several communities growing and expanding. Mainly on Facebook, but we are developing also something away from there. Feel free to message me and I will get you into some of them, but most are invite only.

(Here is one you can join openly, but the good convos as I have said happen where we can monitor who enters People with Rhesus Negative Bloodtype | Facebook )

I do agree with your decision to take the shot, but I would also like to mention to you that the ingredients of Rhogam are for a large part hidden from the public.

(Some info here: 11/29/2011: Mike Dammann and The Truther Girls (Archived Radio Show) | Rhesus Negative )

The problem I myself have with Rhogam is that they hold the monopoly which hinders research into less risky alternatives.

Each fetus' handles the vaccine differently. Some get sick, others resist it without harm.

But when 53% of autistic children have rh negative mothers, it's time to find out more on our own.

I have also known expecting mothers who have refused the shot and the baby died. So what you did was what you believed to be right and educated choices are what everyone needs to make on their own.

The key is education and finding out each and every individual's blood type first would be a great start

~ Mike

Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 PM

You seemed to advocate that. Throwing in the anti-pharmaceutical company was what I thought was a tip off. Are you advocating not using Rhogam for couples such as Mrs. NBP and I whose children have both negative and positive blood types.

Why don't some Americans not knoe their blood types? Laziness and, as a couple people have proven in this thread, stupidity. Anyone who served in the military should know their's, it's imprinted on their dog tags.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You seemed to advocate that.
How exactly does someone "seem to" advocate something simply by informing people that there are possible side effects?

Quote:
Throwing in the anti-pharmaceutical company was what I thought was a tip off.
A tip off to what?

Quote:
Are you advocating not using Rhogam for couples such as Mrs. NBP and I whose children have both negative and positive blood types.

Re read my reply. It's about personal responsibility and choices and weighing the options in an educated manner. What I think or what you think shouldn't tell someone else what to decide?

Why would you wish to deprive others from understanding the risks before they take actions?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
How exactly does someone "seem to" advocate something simply by informing people that there are possible side effects?

Seem to advocate actions by not taking a medical course of treatment

A tip off to what?
Becoming an anti-vaccine Luddite like many on this Forum.

Re read my reply. It's about personal responsibility and choices and weighing the options in an educated manner. What I think or what you think shouldn't tell someone else what to decide?

I posted while you were replying so didn't see it.

Why would you wish to deprive others from understanding the risks before they take actions?
I don't.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
I'm AB-, but I would like to learn more about blood and bloodtypes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness