U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:16 AM

2,496 posts, read 4,570,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I started taking Flexamin about a month ago. No change whatsoever. It has glucosamine/chondroiting/msm. I thought for sure it would help at least a bit but it doesn't.
The specific brand I used for great results was Drs. Best Hyaluronic Acid. The ingredient that I think helped me the most was the 600 mg of Collagen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 PM

4,502 posts, read 11,680,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
The specific brand I used for great results was Drs. Best Hyaluronic Acid. The ingredient that I think helped me the most was the 600 mg of Collagen.
Thanks. I'll look into it.

I also read that Pineapple and Papaya are very good for pain/inflammation. I knew I was craving them for a reason!

Old 05-28-2012, 06:50 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,905,516 times
Default knee Pain

I live in New Orleans. My left knee started locking up and was painful. I went finally to an ortho surgeon. In January had my knee scoped. This is June and I am still in enough pain to limit my activity. I am 67 and mad and depressed. Vicodin just takes the edge off. Percoset better. My Dr. would not talk to me about follow up surgery until I did rehab. Due to family problem I could not start rehab until April. So far no noticeable changes. It is very painful when going from sitting to standing and the first 50 or so steps are painful, say a 7 on a 10 scale. I have a younger friend that has his knee replaced and it has been 3 months and still swollen and painful. I am praying now for divine help and get weepy. I really want a new knee but think there are a lot of unqualified surgeons out there and need to find a good one. Can anyone help? Will PT replace the cartledge- no. So why am I doing it/
Sid

Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 AM

19,649 posts, read 53,622,458 times
To strengthen the muscles so when it gets replaced you will have a better chance of success - at least that is my guess. Ask your doc!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:18 PM

3,599 posts, read 3,585,642 times
The best you can do is build up muscle around your knee, try swimming a lot, which is low impact. Chondroitin sulfate is hogwash, it has never been shown to be effective. The only other thing you can really do is either continue pain treatment and exercise or get a knee replacement. Sorry, medical science and engineering just simply is not there yet to effectively regenerate and replace cartilage.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:40 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,905,516 times
I live in New Orleans, had one knee scoped in January and still in pain. Can someone recommend a surgeon to replace the knee. I am moving to Port St Lucie Florida this year and may have to wait until I get there> I would like to do it now but am in the process of selling my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness