Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times

Advertisements

I had my colonoscopy a couple months ago and ended up bruised (black and blue) on my left lower stomach area. I was really sore there for a couple days. When I saw the doc, I asked what happened. He told me its common to put pressure with the nurses hand on the colon, to be able to clearly see the whole area. He said "Maybe it was a little too much pressure." Guess the colon was twisted and they had to "unwind" it ! HAH !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 AM

574 posts, read 1,064,614 times
found a polyp. yippee!

Old 12-23-2011, 12:23 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
found a polyp. yippee!
I dought you are feeling yippee about this and I do hope it's benign. Keeping you in my thoughts.

I was reading over some different types on this page.

Colon Polyps - What Are the Types of Colon Polyps

Old 12-23-2011, 12:36 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
The prep is the worst part---and even though I drank the whole gallon, it still didn't clean me out! The doctor wrote that my prep was poor! I felt like I had failed and will need to ride the short bus to my next colonoscopy since I have special needs (turns out my bowels were twisted). Looks like next time I will have to fast longer and/or take more prep---won't that be fun!

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Cut out all dairy products for about a week prior to the next prep. Milk and dairy leaves a residue in the colon that is hard to get rid of. Good luck!

Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM

151 posts, read 206,052 times
I just had a colonoscopy on Monday (along with an endoscopy...woo!) The prep although not fun, the drink wasn't bad at all. They had me take 2 stool softener pills @ 2pm. then around 6pm had to drink 64oz of Gatorade with 238g of Miralax. Tasted just like regular Gatorade!

Still waiting on results from the biopsy he took. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm too young to have these problems...

Old 12-24-2011, 10:35 AM

I forgot to add that I was awake for the whole procedure! Because it wasn't done in a hospital, they didn't knock me out. That twilight sleep is for the birds! They kept giving me more sedative but it only made me a little drowsy. Next time, five years from now...the hospital it is.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 PM

698 posts, read 2,841,370 times
I had mine when I turned 50. Was not enjoying the prep one bit. Bleech! I was under sedation in a hospital and felt nothing, however, I "dreamed" that the doctor said I had 2 polyps and sure enough when I awoke that's exactly what she had said.
So glad they weren't talking about my cellulite!
The recovery room was a riot. Never heard more public gas in my life. Have they done a SNL skit about this yet?

Old 12-25-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin View Post
I had mine when I turned 50. Was not enjoying the prep one bit. Bleech! I was under sedation in a hospital and felt nothing, however, I "dreamed" that the doctor said I had 2 polyps and sure enough when I awoke that's exactly what she had said.
So glad they weren't talking about my cellulite!
The recovery room was a riot. Never heard more public gas in my life. Have they done a SNL skit about this yet?

Old 12-25-2011, 08:18 AM

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-25-2011, 09:32 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
I've had several, and several surgeries - I now have a semi-colon, as they finally had to remove 1/3 of it.

I always HATED the prep worst of all! They make little soft wet wipes that come in a jar (look for them near the hemorrhoid-treatment tubes). They don't make wiping a pleasure by any stretch of the imagination, but they are cooling and cut down on that raw feeling. Those soft inflatable donuts to sit on are good to have for the ride home, too. The - have the driver have food ready for you' advice is too true! I'd avoid pizza or tacos, though...

Our bathroom always has several good magazines, and when I did my preps I took a book in... DH has had them too, and he has a computer game he takes in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness