U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:14 AM

1,820 posts, read 3,898,003 times

Advertisements

We have had alot going on as well and I am fairly anxious to begin with. I work out... It helps me. I do some intense cardio about 4x a week and then 1 yoga/stretching class.

Sometimes at home, I listen to Asian music , instrumental and it helps with the deep breathing exercises they teach in yoga or Body Flow classes. I use to feel foolish sitting on my bedroom floor doing this, but it works! You have to do what you have to do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,404,322 times
Reporting in--I'm feeling much, much better. Holidays over and things are looking up and I've been doing some things to help.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,185,778 times
I go for a swim and then sit in the Sauna at my local health club. LOVE it!

Old 01-10-2012, 04:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,056,910 times
Excercising, playing guitar, listening to music and smoking cannabis. Just going for a ride down backroads and getting lost is great too. I only recommend doing this with a fuel efficient vehicle though.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:45 PM

3,185 posts, read 3,868,232 times
I like to have a "Me" day or "Me weekend" where I literally do whatever I want with the intent of just taking it easy. Usually it involves movies, tv, video games, pajamas, drums, some form of takeout or cooking for myself, etc. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time for these types of days though.

Spending time with my girlfriend, regardless of what we do, is always a stress reliever.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,719,411 times
I work out - some cardio and weights, and hitting the heavy bag.

Cleaning the house or doing an art project. I paint, draw, and work with polymer clay. Concentrating on the end result helps me sort of forget what's bothering me.

Video games. Humorous books, videos, whatever.

Being around animals and plants. Reminding myself that there's much more to this world than us humans and the havoc we cause.

Ambient music and lavender scent.

Playing pool with a good friend, where the game is secondary and a good convo is primary.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 AM

9,457 posts, read 16,404,322 times
OK, checking in again and this time I have a further question--what do you do when everyone is stressing out together and at each other's throat? Not me, I'm the peacemaker in the family but have everyone mad at me anyway. Found out mom has extensive cancer and won't live much longer so I contacted my nephew, against my brother's wishes, to tell him, b/c I don't think it's right not to. Mom raised him so I think it would be an unforgivable oversight not to tell him but my bro and his wife are ready to strangle me and I'm stressing again. It's true he's been a little turd in the past but most of that was over 5 years ago and since my sis did a crappy job raising him and then abandoned him at 8, it's not all his fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness