U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 12:06 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,203,636 times

Advertisements

Good info to know:

Fight Arthritis: 10 Foods That Help and Hurt | Lifescript.com

Incorporate fatty fish like salmon, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, brazil nuts, onions and green tea into your diet more often to help with those arthritis symptoms.

Avoid oils such as sunflower, safflower, corn and soybean oils (and the products made with these oils) which can increase the inflammation of arthritis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 11:03 AM

14,131 posts, read 26,303,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good info to know:

Fight Arthritis: 10 Foods That Help and Hurt | Lifescript.com

Incorporate fatty fish like salmon, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, brazil nuts, onions and green tea into your diet more often to help with those arthritis symptoms.

Avoid oils such as sunflower, safflower, corn and soybean oils (and the products made with these oils) which can increase the inflammation of arthritis.
I'm skeptical. i really doubt anything you eat is going to have much of an impact. However, if you're overweight, taking off some pounds by limiting calories and increasing activity to the extent you can will probably help.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:27 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,203,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I'm skeptical. i really doubt anything you eat is going to have much of an impact. However, if you're overweight, taking off some pounds by limiting calories and increasing activity to the extent you can will probably help.
I agree that taking the weight off will always help improve your arthritic knees and ankles (among other things). But the science is there to show that foods do indeed negatively and positively effect the condition.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM

1,936 posts, read 5,760,258 times
Diet helps alot. But getting yourself in shape is the way to go. Keep moving, low intake of sugar & bad fats. Salmon helps me alot as does Sardines. Too much red meat hurts me, especially ground beef.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:08 PM

15,307 posts, read 15,288,296 times
For me.....dairy....yikes, that makes my joints crackle. Not as bad, but still causes problems.....whole grains, too many carbs.

Things that help with my crummy joints.....low carb diet, Omega 3 foods such as eggs and fatty fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness