Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:06 AM

147 posts, read 395,130 times

Advertisements

i sold it for the ast 3 years my mom over 30 already and i love the product and yes they are exspesive but hey work andwhen you sell them its not that hard to get your products for free thats what i like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,701,989 times
My Mom sells Shaklee. I like the Vivex and the cleaning products such as Basic H are awesome due to how environmentally friendly they are. Some of there supplements have things in them such as (crystalline fructose, maltodextrin, soybean oil, dextrose) that I don't think any truly healthy supplement should contain even in trace amounts.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:36 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,681,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
Years ago I sold shaklee (mostly to myself!). Never really made a business of it but did buy my own vitamins, etc. with my dealer membership. I am thinking of trying their vitamins again. Anyone have any great or not so great experiences with the company? Thanks
Well, if you want to be part of a MLM...personally, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
Shaklee equals snake oil.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,994,804 times
Tightwad wrote:
I'm curious what leads you to believe that Shaklee is snake oil? Have you actually USED the products? I've personally used some of the Shaklee products over the years and they always seemed like high quality products to me. Waaaaaay overpriced, but always excellent quality, IMO.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Tightwad wrote:
I'm curious what leads you to believe that Shaklee is snake oil? Have you actually USED the products? I've personally used some of the Shaklee products over the years and they always seemed like high quality products to me. Waaaaaay overpriced, but always excellent quality, IMO.
There is always some smart pants that comes back....."Have you actually USED the products?".

Of course I've tried these products or I would not have commented on this topic. But I'll bet that's news to you that someone can hold a negative opinion of a product and say so.

Good grief! Really!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 PM

Tightwad wrote:
There is always some smart pants that comes back....."Have you actually USED the products?".

Of course I've tried these products or I would not have commented on this topic. But I'll bet that's news to you that someone can hold a negative opinion of a product and say so.

Good grief! Really!
If you choose to perceive me as some smart pants because I had the aduacity to ask you if you used the products, then so be it. People often comment on the qualtiy of something they have NOT had personal experience with. Forgive me for not knowing that you had actually used the products, and having to ask. Admittedly, my psychic abilities are not well developed. I have no problem with you holding a negative opinion about Shaklee, or the validity of your negative opinion. Amongst the 5300+ posts I've made I have expressed many a negative opinion myself. Your negative opinion is in no way surprising or shocking. Anyway, I'll ask you this again...what leads you to believe that Shaklee = snake oil? I am genuinely curious.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Tightwad wrote:

Good grief! Really!
If you choose to perceive me as some smart pants because I had the aduacity to ask you if you used the products, then so be it. People often comment on the qualtiy of something they have NOT had personal experience with. Forgive me for not knowing that you had actually used the products, and having to ask. Admittedly, my psychic abilities are not well developed. I have no problem with you holding a negative opinion about Shaklee, or the validity of your negative opinion. Amongst the 5300+ posts I've made I have expressed many a negative opinion myself. Your negative opinion is in no way surprising or shocking. Anyway, I'll ask you this again...what leads you to believe that Shaklee = snake oil? I am genuinely curious.
Inferior product quality along with inferior dealer service. Nuff said!

Old 06-07-2011, 02:17 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
That doesn't equal snake-oil. You're using the term wrong. Snake-oil refers to something that is never intended to actually work, and being sold as something that is advertised as working.

Shaklee DOES intend for its supplements to do what they're advertised to do and generally speaking, they do exactly what they claim to do. That, by default, makes them..

something other than snake-oil

HOWEVER - for the price, they're not all that impressive. There's no reason to spend a lot of money on the stuff they sell, when you can get the same quality stuff manufactured by other companies for much less.

Overpriced, yes. Snake-oil, no.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Tightwad wrote:
I still have more to say. I'd be a fool to question your experience...so I won't. However, I will say that my experience was quite different. Other than the price point I was quite pleased. The products I used seemed to be high quality and the dealer service was excellent. As others have mentioned, the same quality products are widely available in health food stores and even the big chain supermarkets for alot less money, so I rarely purchase Shaklee products. But that's becasue they are overpriced IMO, not because of poor quality, availability, or service. If they brought their prices in line with similar quality products, I would probably buy Shaklee more often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss