U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM

12,120 posts, read 27,537,106 times

Advertisements

myrc i really appreciate your supportive post, and i had no idea about the nurse not sending kids home for that. just that at even close to 101 i must be tough to concentrate on whatever it is a kid is doing in school

i got concerned because it isn't like me to get this, i think the last time was almost 20 years ago that i had something similar

the doc figured it was a sinus infection. probably is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM

8,321 posts, read 17,648,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
myrc i really appreciate your supportive post, and i had no idea about the nurse not sending kids home for that. just that at even close to 101 i must be tough to concentrate on whatever it is a kid is doing in school

i got concerned because it isn't like me to get this, i think the last time was almost 20 years ago that i had something similar

He figured you had an infection? So, he's not 100% sure? This is why we have pts with VRE and MRSA. He shouldn't have given you the Z pack unless he knew for sure you have a bacterial infection.

your body was designed with an amazing immune system..drink plenty of water, get some rest and let your body do what it needs to do.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:28 PM

699 posts, read 1,796,867 times
i'd say that the fever is an indication that your body is fighting something.
since it's a low grade fever, the pathogen is not strong, like an all-out flu.

imo, either it will resolve itself with fluids, rest, vitamin c,
or
it will blow up into something more if your immune system isn't up to peak performance.

in either case, i think you'll be okay.

feel better.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM

6,233 posts, read 18,128,267 times
Quote:

You're welcome rlrl. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM

16,935 posts, read 19,680,616 times
Keep taking the tylenol. Feel better.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM

reached 98.6 thursday AM, woke up drenched tho. i continue to sweat it out. thanks all of you for your concerns

Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
reached 98.6 thursday AM, woke up drenched tho. i continue to sweat it out. thanks all of you for your concerns

You're 50 and having night sweats and blame it on a 'fever'......have you seen your OB/GYN lately?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Kim i have to apologize for the post i sent you but deleted on my own

I assumed you knew i was a male so when you told me i should see a GYN doctor--i kind of got defensive

when it occurred to me that you didn't know i was a male, i deleted my post to you

Hope you will accept

recently i had a bad experience with a female poster on another forum who posted to the same effect i thought you were posting but i realized you weren't

so sorry

what happened was my doctor(a female BTW) checked my nose and sinuses and claimed they were congested(tho they didn't feel congested) and since there were no other symptoms like sore throat, cough, runny nose and i had a bad sinus like headache, she assumed it was a sinus infection and just prescribed accordingly

i noticed the sweats started Wed nite when i started to feel better and by Thurs AM i woke up drenched but the temp was normal

the sweats stopped and everything seems back to normal

i think i just got very run down the past week. i spend the holidays cleaning out my parents house(lots of physical labor) to get it ready to be sold (lost mom in August, dad 3 years ago)and i didn't sleep well at all. i also slept in an attic with lots of allergens. it was tough adjusting to the weather changes when i returned from my trip. then immediately after i had other things to contend with. i think i just needed to catch up on sleep and it looks like it worked

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Kim i have to apologize for the post i sent you but deleted on my own

I assumed you knew i was a male so when you told me i should see a GYN doctor--i kind of got defensive

when it occurred to me that you didn't know i was a male, i deleted my post to you

Hope you will accept

recently i had a bad experience with a female poster on another forum who posted to the same effect i thought you were posting but i realized you weren't

so sorry

what happened was my doctor(a female BTW) checked my nose and sinuses and claimed they were congested(tho they didn't feel congested) and since there were no other symptoms like sore throat, cough, runny nose and i had a bad sinus like headache, she assumed it was a sinus infection and just prescribed accordingly

i noticed the sweats started Wed nite when i started to feel better and by Thurs AM i woke up drenched but the temp was normal

the sweats stopped and everything seems back to normal

i think i just got very run down the past week. i spend the holidays cleaning out my parents house(lots of physical labor) to get it ready to be sold (lost mom in August, dad 3 years ago)and i didn't sleep well at all. i also slept in an attic with lots of allergens. it was tough adjusting to the weather changes when i returned from my trip. then immediately after i had other things to contend with. i think i just needed to catch up on sleep and it looks like it worked

It is I who owes you an apology...I assumed you were a female, sorry about the confusion!

I agree with the lack of sleep thing...ppl don't realize just how important it is to get enough sleep.

I just didn't agree and still don't agree that your Dr should've given you the Z pack. I don't trust a doctor who's quick to guess what's wrong and is even quicker to write a script for antibiotics.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 PM

i don't agree with the Z pack either but i'm the type who will go running to the Dr if the fever isn't gone by the next AM. bad move i guess. i suppose they feel under the gun when you come running in

i remember last year another dr did not prescribe when i briefly ran a fever and told me to just let it run it's course. it did. they're all different

well back to work tomorrow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness