U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,988,499 times
Reputation: 2108

Advertisements

Any women out there that suffer from PVC's (premature venticular contractions) and think it may be due to hormones. I have had them for 4 years and drives me nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2006, 02:27 AM
 
Location: PSL,FL
421 posts, read 357,989 times
Reputation: 87
Default palps

I have had palps since my 20s. am now 59. All thruout the yrs, they always said it was normal and caused by smoking. Then last yr it got really bad, it wouldn't stop and it freaked me out so i went to the ER...my BP was 210/110...so they thought i was either going to stroke out or have a heart attack. They gave me a bunch of meds, an IV, and did a bunch of tests and put a heart monitor and kept me over night. In the morning they said all the tests were normal...and they brought my BP down too low so i had to have more meds to bring it up. After about 6 mos or so i got the bad palping again..so back to the ER...they took enzymes this time and they said they were perfect..all other tests again were normal...the doc said all i had was high BP..so he gave me a pill, Atenolol, which lowers the BP plus stop the palps..and it works great!!! am very happy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2006, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,988,499 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
I have had palps since my 20s. am now 59. All thruout the yrs, they always said it was normal and caused by smoking. Then last yr it got really bad, it wouldn't stop and it freaked me out so i went to the ER...my BP was 210/110...so they thought i was either going to stroke out or have a heart attack. They gave me a bunch of meds, an IV, and did a bunch of tests and put a heart monitor and kept me over night. In the morning they said all the tests were normal...and they brought my BP down too low so i had to have more meds to bring it up. After about 6 mos or so i got the bad palping again..so back to the ER...they took enzymes this time and they said they were perfect..all other tests again were normal...the doc said all i had was high BP..so he gave me a pill, Atenolol, which lowers the BP plus stop the palps..and it works great!!! am very happy...
I started having them about 4 years ago out of the blue, along with bad heartburn and panic attacks, went to the hospital twice and had 2 EKG both normal, I believe it is hormone related as I am now premature perimenopausal, (well that was a mouthful!) it gets bad during my ovulationa and PMS then I will have doys after with none then they slowly come back, I am only 36 and they drive me nuts, but learning to live with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 PM
 
2,301 posts, read 1,891,706 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
I started having them about 4 years ago out of the blue, along with bad heartburn and panic attacks, went to the hospital twice and had 2 EKG both normal, I believe it is hormone related as I am now premature perimenopausal, (well that was a mouthful!) it gets bad during my ovulationa and PMS then I will have doys after with none then they slowly come back, I am only 36 and they drive me nuts, but learning to live with them.

I went through that pretty bad in 1999-2001, I kept having palpatations and these caused panic attacks I always though I was having a heard attack and went to the Er several times and my EKG was normal. I went to my doctor and he referred me to a cardiologist and I wore a heart monitor for a week and everytime I had a pain I had to press a button. Then they sent me for one of those x-rays where they can see your heart. They thought I had Mitrovalue prolapse but it wasn't.
I'm not sure what it was I was going through a difficult time maybe it was stress I don't know or it could have been hormonal. I haven't had the problems anymore with the panic attacks except recently since I broke my ankle, now I have a phobia of getting a blood clot and this brings on the panic attack once in while. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2006, 12:07 AM
 
Location: PSL,FL
421 posts, read 357,989 times
Reputation: 87
Default Palps

Palps are also caused by menopause and like me, high BP and this med did the job...here is a great website..
http://www.chfpatients.com/links.htm#dictionaries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2006, 08:40 AM
 
2,301 posts, read 1,891,706 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
Palps are also caused by menopause and like me, high BP and this med did the job...here is a great website..
http://www.chfpatients.com/links.htm#dictionaries
Hi Rainbow, I am menopausal now I'm 43, I guess I was premenopausal when I was going through that a few years ago. Thanks for the website. Gregsbabe probably going through the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2006, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,988,499 times
Reputation: 2108
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Hi Rainbow, I am menopausal now I'm 43, I guess I was premenopausal when I was going through that a few years ago. Thanks for the website. Gregsbabe probably going through the same thing.
Yes I think So sucks I am only 36!! started when I was 32, but my grandmother had it early also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2006, 10:40 AM
 
Location: PSL,FL
421 posts, read 357,989 times
Reputation: 87
Default menopause

The earlier you get your period is also a factor in in going thru menopause earlier. Also, i have had panic attacks all my life...never took any meds. Then about 5 yrs ago, i was visiting someone in the hops and got an attack..i asked the nurse to take my BP and it was 209/110...she rushed me to the ER...a nurse said to me, take in some deep breaths from your nose and slowly blow out...within 5 mins my BP went down to 140/80 and the attack went away...i was amazed!!! I have been doing that ever since and it really works...a few times a day i do it and i have had alot less attacks. When i do get one, i concentrate on the breathing and it calms me down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2006, 10:52 AM
 
2,301 posts, read 1,891,706 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
The earlier you get your period is also a factor in in going thru menopause earlier. Also, i have had panic attacks all my life...never took any meds. Then about 5 yrs ago, i was visiting someone in the hops and got an attack..i asked the nurse to take my BP and it was 209/110...she rushed me to the ER...a nurse said to me, take in some deep breaths from your nose and slowly blow out...within 5 mins my BP went down to 140/80 and the attack went away...i was amazed!!! I have been doing that ever since and it really works...a few times a day i do it and i have had alot less attacks. When i do get one, i concentrate on the breathing and it calms me down.


Yes, that's right I actually learned that few years ago and it absoluely works. I take a deep breathe through my nose and hold it for a count of 7 seconds and then let it out slow and it does work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 AM
 
2,301 posts, read 1,891,706 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
Yes I think So sucks I am only 36!! started when I was 32, but my grandmother had it early also.
My mother went through it at 40.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top