Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,289,667 times

Advertisements

I feel like the fact that I always seem to have to urinate is affecting my quality of life, not to be dramatic, but often it feels that way.

A little background: I was a bed wetter til the age of 12. My mother never made me feel bad about it or punished me, but it was embarrassing that other people's parents were clearly told because I remember being ushered into the bathroom several times at night at sleep overs. Twin sister and father were also bed wetters.

Ok, I'm an adult now and I no longer wet the bed. But I feel I have to urinate very frequently and urinate copious amounts. I wager I have to urinate every hour to every hour and a half. I make sure to urinate before I leave places just like a little kid, but often during subway rides and car rides I've had to halt trips multiple times to use the bathroom, causing people to get angry with me and me to get frustrated at myself (nothing worse than having to hop off a train at 2:30 am when all you want to see is your bed, and your next train will me 30 min or more behind). I've even had to sneak and urinate in public before. My twin doesn't really seem to have this problem.

Urination slows down at night, yet I have had to get up 3-4 times in 6 hour sleep night to urinate. Having to urinate so frequently is ruining my sleep!

When I drink (alcohol), forget it, people must think I have a substance abuse problem.

I wonder if I have an overactive bladder, but I don't have a leakage problem really, and there's a ton of volume when I urinate. Maybe my bladder is too small? I don't really have a primary care doc to discuss these issues with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 09:45 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,578,877 times
Diabetes makes you urinate frequently and copiously. Ask your doctor for tests next time you see them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,828,757 times
I'm assuming, given your screen name, that you're a female?
There is an exercise called Kegel. It was named after a doctor with that last name and it's assumed that he developed it although it's a very old tried and true exercise in both Chi Gong and Hatha yoga that has many benefits.
Below is a link for you.
It's the first one that came up on Google but you can surf the web and find other sources if you need to.
Check it out.
I pee a lot too but i also drink a lot of water.
I am careful to stop drinking liquids a long time before i go to bed so i can avoid having to get up more than once at night.
You said that you don't "have a leakage problem really". If that means that it's a bit of an issue, this exercise is even more important.
It's very easy by the way.
It's also a very beneficial exercise for men and for the health of the prostrate and there are web-sites specifically for men although the exercise is essentially the same.

Kegel Exercises For Women

Old 02-18-2012, 09:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,438,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I feel like the fact that I always seem to have to urinate is affecting my quality of life, not to be dramatic, but often it feels that way.

A little background: I was a bed wetter til the age of 12. My mother never made me feel bad about it or punished me, but it was embarrassing that other people's parents were clearly told because I remember being ushered into the bathroom several times at night at sleep overs. Twin sister and father were also bed wetters.

Ok, I'm an adult now and I no longer wet the bed. But I feel I have to urinate very frequently and urinate copious amounts. I wager I have to urinate every hour to every hour and a half. I make sure to urinate before I leave places just like a little kid, but often during subway rides and car rides I've had to halt trips multiple times to use the bathroom, causing people to get angry with me and me to get frustrated at myself (nothing worse than having to hop off a train at 2:30 am when all you want to see is your bed, and your next train will me 30 min or more behind). I've even had to sneak and urinate in public before. My twin doesn't really seem to have this problem.

Urination slows down at night, yet I have had to get up 3-4 times in 6 hour sleep night to urinate. Having to urinate so frequently is ruining my sleep!

When I drink (alcohol), forget it, people must think I have a substance abuse problem.

I wonder if I have an overactive bladder, but I don't have a leakage problem really, and there's a ton of volume when I urinate. Maybe my bladder is too small? I don't really have a primary care doc to discuss these issues with.
You need to do a detox by doing a kidney bladder cleanse/flush. Restrict your alcohol intake for a few months. Drink more water (with lemon). And do Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles (jaijai beat me to it!!)

Old 02-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Hmmm...I used to do Kegel's some years back...wonder why I stopped.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 PM

Can I have type ii diabetes if I'm a normal weight?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,438,960 times
Quote:
Can I have type ii diabetes if I'm a normal weight?
Yes.

Halle Berry is normal weight and has Type 2 diabetes.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,634,129 times
Diabetes is one that I can think of. There could be many other things that could be the reason. I have known other people who need to be close to a bathroom wherever they go. My half sister is one. As a young child, she wet her bed all the time, no matter how early she stopped drinking and empted her bladder. As an adult, she still wets the bed (embarrasing for her when she got married). She later was diagnosed with Ehlers-danlos syndrome. Regular bathroom trips and bedwetting was one of many of her symptoms. It was a list of seemingly unrelated symptoms that got her diagnosed like extreme flexibility of her joints, sagging skin, flat feet, etc.

My best friends daughter is also a frequent bathroom user. Her pediatrician wasn't too concerned since nothing ever showed in any blood work. Now her daughter is in college, still needs to be near a bathroom, but manages.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaegel View Post
She later was diagnosed with Ehlers-danlos syndrome. Regular bathroom trips and bedwetting was one of many of her symptoms. It was a list of seemingly unrelated symptoms that got her diagnosed like extreme flexibility of her joints, sagging skin, flat feet, etc.
Um. I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome (type III hypermobility type). I was diagnosed in 2001. In all the years I've gone to doctors and all the doctors I've seen, no one told me it could be related to regular bathroom trips and bedwetting.

I feel a little overwhelmed right now.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,828,757 times
Quote:
Um. I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome (type III hypermobility type). I was diagnosed in 2001. In all the years I've gone to doctors and all the doctors I've seen, no one told me it could be related to regular bathroom trips and bedwetting.

I feel a little overwhelmed right now.
I don't know how to advice you in regards to the Ehlers Danlos syndrome (i did google it and didn't find the urinary issue on the symptom list however) but those kegel exercises are something that you may want to start doing again.
If the urinary issue is a symptom of that syndrome it certainly won't hurt to tone that entire area with the kegel exercises.
And it's a very good thing for every woman (and man) to do on a daily basis imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness