Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,113,266 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure where to place this; so I just decided to do it here in the other topics section. Anyways, I'm currently living with a roommate [] and even worse; we're temporarily sharing a bathroom [].

Lately he has been bringing this same group of guys over and they're usually here for a couple of hours [3 to 6 hour]. Now, I don't mind him having company because I tend to have company as well; however, he disclose to me the other day while talking about his friends that they use our bathroom and not only that, but they do the number 2!

I'm very hygienic and a big germaphobic; so of course at this point I'm freaking out and ready to vomit, but I guess he wasn't use to how I operate. I told him that I don't want his friends using the toilet if they're going to do the number 2 [I'd prefer they not use it at all, but some people can't hold it]. He tells me no he's not going to tell them that. It's not like I was being unfair here because the company that I bring don't use the toilet either [they choose not to anyways because they're like me]. I was like fine, I'll tell them.

Earlier today; they come back over and I go in to tell them that I don't want them using the bathroom unless they're only taking a ****. Also to leave the toilet seat up. They're like whatever, but my roommate wants to start throwing fits. His friends weren't making a big issue out of it; so why was he??? He starts trying to overrule and tell them they can do whatever they want and I go no you can't because I live here and regardless if he objects or not; I still get the last word. Anyways, a big argument ensued and we almost came to blows. Only a couple of months left to deal with this and I'm FREE! No more roommates and most important of all; no more sharing a bathroom!

My questions is; Was I being too harsh with my rule???

Old 11-11-2011, 11:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,977,092 times
Um yeah ... I've had several occasions where I've visited friends and had to do #2 ... I prefer to wait until I get home but that isn't always practical (nor is it healthy to hold it in for too long).

Old 11-11-2011, 11:23 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,895,663 times
I think it's rude that anyone would do that away from home, unless it was a dire emergency.

I think you got into a power-struggle with your roommate over guys flexing their muscles, so-to-speak and now they will probably really plug up the toilet, just to spite you.

Ew.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,529,501 times
If you're a germaphobe why do you even have a roommate to begin with?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,434,686 times
I don't think it's fair to expect people to come over for several hours without having to do #2, especially if they eat during their stay. If it grosses you out, don't have people over and meet at a restaurant instead. Or clean the toilet before you use it. (That's what I do.)

Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't think it's fair to expect people to come over for several hours without having to do #2, especially if they eat during their stay. If it grosses you out, don't have people over and meet at a restaurant instead. Or clean the toilet before you use it. (That's what I do.)
Exactly!

Old 11-11-2011, 11:42 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,941,257 times
I host a poker night twice a month. 15-20 guys come over for hours and lets say a lot of alcohol is consumed during that time. I could always tell how the night went while I'm cleaning the bathroom the next day..... germaphobic not me You wouldn't last 10 sec before I cleaned and yet I haven't been sick in 30 years

Old 11-11-2011, 11:45 PM

Frankly, I never understood these types of "germophobic" attitudes against those who opt to utilize a bathroom for its intended purpose. No ... #2 doesn't smell pretty but it's a normal bodily function and should not be held for extended periods of time. There's at least 2 threads in the Work/Employment forum griping about "pooping" at work.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:49 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,187,789 times
I don't understand. You don't want people to come over and use your toilet? Seriously?
If you're that worried about it, just put a bleach tablet in the tank and then also wipe it down with disinfectant wipes after company has been there.

I don't feel comfortable pooping in other people's homes (unless I am an overnight guest and I have my own bathroom), but expecting a guest never to pee? Seriously?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:53 PM

8,392 posts, read 3,477,352 times
Yes, I think it's extraordinarily rude to expect visitors to your home to not use your bathroom if they need to go, whether it be #1 or #2. Most people visiting for just a few hours would no doubt prefer to wait until they get home for #2, so if they're using your bathroom it's safe to assume they can't wait any longer.

Now, if they were leaving a mess, you'd be within your rights to ask your room-mate to request his friends take more care, or to clean up after his guests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness