U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:21 PM

4,543 posts, read 7,568,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoc View Post
...I doubt if your cramps are a result of not enough Gatorade.. LOL...
I doubt that too because I NEVER drink Gatorade anyway & the last time I did, was just a little unteen yrs ago. I hate the taste of it anyway. It's like watered down juice that never has enough flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
...Do you drink milk or eat a lot of milk products?
You know I really don't eat dairy products much. I never just drink a glass of milk & I don't eat cheese that much. I like frozen yougurt, but I don't even eat that weekly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 PM

2,590 posts, read 3,159,417 times
Are you continuing to do the stretches and exercises they recommended after your Achilles repair?

Often, after such an injury, you need to keep up daily stretching for years. It only takes a couple minutes a day.

Redirect Notice

Try this twice a day for a week. Hold this position for a good 1-2 minutes, then switch sides, then repeat. Does it help?

If not, see your doc and consider seeing a neurologist or physiatrist (rehab doctor). It sounds like you have spasticity in that foot. The orthopedist that did the surgery may not be very helpful. Simple stretches and a little more PT may help. If not, there are muscle relaxant medicines and even Botox injections into the area that can help.

Electrolytes wont help this, really. It is clearly a focal problem. If you were having muscle spasms in multiple areas in your body, I would favor the magnesium etc.. .ideas. But since this is very likely related to your injury, you need to focus on that area.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:48 PM

8,328 posts, read 17,747,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Ahh, that sounds nice!

Well, that's of some relief knowing I'm not the rare one to get these. But, boy they sure do hurt. I think to myself, once I'm an elderly person, HOW in the world am I going to endure this kind of pain?!

Have you bothered to go to the doctor yet and let them tell you what's wrong?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Have you bothered to go to the doctor yet and let them tell you what's wrong?

Doubt it.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 AM

7,937 posts, read 7,293,210 times
Just wondered if any of you have this issue along with the other foot problems, I do in the affected foot leg.

Morton's Toe:

Morton's toe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Just wondered if any of you have this issue along with the other foot problems, I do in the affected foot leg.

Morton's Toe:

Morton's toe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's really common. Not even considered abnormal. It often runs in families. No big deal.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:57 PM

7,937 posts, read 7,293,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcambridge View Post
It's really common. Not even considered abnormal. It often runs in families. No big deal.
I'm not too concerned about it being an abnormality, just wondering about the common connection in certain foot ailments. Can't find the other link, but I had come across the name Morton's toe and a connection to some other things that were going on with my foot that I found interesting, like my callouses, plantar fasciitis and other foot ailments, thought others might find it interesting too. I think I heard something on TV that caused me to do a search, not even sure what it was I heard on TV, but do recall it not being positive. But the reading material was a relief. I originally was just looking up second toe longer than big toe.

The callous thing was an eye opener for me, even my foot doctor never explained that one to me; the links I read up on it about over the weekend, just really helped me understand why this one spot recurs (actually, in my case never goes away) the way it does.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 AM

4,543 posts, read 7,568,179 times
No, haven't been to a dr since my last follow-ups check ups ending in 2010, I believe. Thank God I've NEVER been in any pain since I've had the injury. Only time I was in pain was when I actually injured myself for those 20-30 seconds right afterward. I've had spasms in my foot way before this injury (as I said in the OP). I should go back to doing some stretching exercise & soaking in epsom salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness