Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 AM

841 posts, read 1,913,607 times

Advertisements

I got sick about 3 weeks ago after catching it from my spouse who caught it from ?

Neither of us went to the doctor, though.

It was the worst cold I had in years. I still don't feel 100% and have some fluid in my ears.

Have any of you had it and how long did it take you to get better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 04:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,107,767 times
I have been fighting it for several days. It hasn't gone viral yet, but I fell cloudy headed and achy--more so than usual I might add.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,776,020 times
I had a bad cold that hit me like the flu in that I was bedridden for a couple of days and had to cancel my life and do virtually nothing for about three weeks before I even got some energy back. Even after going through a Z-pack (antibiotics), I am STILL fighting something five weeks since it first struck.

Today I am finally going to the doctor because of the continuing cough and phlegm. For the past couple of days, my chest has felt as if I had just smoked 10 packs of cigarettes. I am sick of being sick! Good luck to y'all. And to those who aren't yet sick, use your hand sanitizer and was your hands frequently. Avoid picking your nose, rubbing your eyes, and so on.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,776,020 times
Following up following today's doctor appointment. . . .She thinks my nasal and bronchial passages have gotten inflamed from it going on for so long. She put me on another antibiotic and a round of Prednisone plus sent me for a chest x-ray.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 PM

841 posts, read 1,913,607 times
Hope you get better soon Photogal. Your symptoms sound like mine...it's not a normal cold...I have had colds and been able to eat, work, function.

This one is like a freight train and wipes you out.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,484,331 times
I am into my second week , Sunday night will start the third. ITs terrible. My right ear is completely clogged!! The green mucus is non stop, its not in my chest only my ear now. It is terrible. I am getting headaches too. I feel like its never going to end. I did go to the doctor on Monday got amxocillian and ear is still clogged with this congestion. Never had anything so miserable. All neck up!

Old 03-15-2012, 04:26 PM

36,991 posts, read 41,010,374 times
What part of the country are you in, chef?

It sounds as if the same thing is going around in my neck of the woods. I started out with a slight sore throat, then the awful runny nose, eventually an awful cough.

I saw my doc when the symptoms were worsening after seven days and got started on an antibiotic for the bronchitis. Was better in about 24 hours.

I cannot find any reports to suggest what might be causing it.

It did not feel like influenza to me --- no muscle aches or the "even my hair hurts" type symptoms. But it really did knock me for a loop. No energy at all. I usually just power on through a cold, too, and it has been so long since I had one that I do not even remember when it was.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:02 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,948,516 times
Hubby had it...lasted about 12 day. Daughter had it...lasted 2 days....

Hubby did eventually get an antibiotic for a resulting sinus infection. He felt HORRENDOUS the first 4-5 days!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:24 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,595,312 times
Just got it two days ago..started with very itchy throat and dry cough, now progressed to what seems like full bronchitis with deep, deep wet cough and fever...no aches like flu...no nose blowing like head cold...just this awful gunk in my throat and chest...drinking Yogi Breathe Deep tea which seems to be loosening up the gunk..this is a weird bug....

Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM

20,866 posts, read 28,227,658 times
DH and and I had it last week, thought it was a sinus infection but I decided to take care of it myself. Took nyquill at night, sprayed flonase 2x a day in my nose, used saline and neti pot. yesterday was the first day I could taste and smell. I actually started to feel better on monday though. If it's any consolation my ears are clogged all the time. I have allergies to trees, dust and pollen so it's rare that my ears are unclogged. The flonase is supposed to help with this I have several bottles LOL. I thought I had wax in my ears, turns out my ears are clean as a whistle. I always feel like my ears are under water, I also have a slight hearing loss in one ear which has been checked out by an ENT. Nerve damage but they don't know why. I have to live with it. Anyway this cold took a week to get better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness