U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,465,200 times

Advertisements

I've made several posts ( with links to some very revealing articles ) during the past few weeks regarding the brainwashing that the AMA has perpetuated upon us to the point that we rarely question relying upon doctors for our health care needs. I recently came across this article which sums up the sitaution very nicely. I hope you take the time to read it and put aside your automatic reaction that tells you I couldn't possibly take care of myself. I gotta have a doctor.

Here's a brief quote from the linked article:
So, do we really NEED doctors? No, you don't need them. Organized Medicine has been brain washing you since childhood with the notion that you need them. The fact is, they need you ...mainly to keep the money rolling in.
blessings...Franco

Please note: I am not completely anti-doctor. I have received excellent first rate treatment from some really fine doctors in emergency situations. I also have several close family members who work in the health care profession, including an MD. I do not look upon MD's as bad people in anyway. However generally speaking, I do see them as being among the most brainwashed citizens of the USA...mainly due to their education which is heavily influenced by the big drug companies. Larry Dossey, Deepak Chopra, & Andrew Weil are among the most notable exceptions to my generalization above. Of course there are also many others.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 09-11-2007 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Status: "Invisible cats keep you up at night" (set 5 days ago)

9,761 posts, read 21,625,606 times
If someone was smart, they'd avoid doctors like the plague. Unfortunately my Mother is a slave to them, and takes 8 pills a day and has several disease diagnoses. The side effects are killing her. I have tried and tried to get her to try natural healing, but she is from the era where the doctor knew best.
They love her, for her insurance. If she didn't have it, they'd dump her in a second.

As for me, I hate doctors. Sure, they may come in handy if we break a limb or get bit by a dog, or other things. But to stay healthiest, avoid doctors. It is proven that a perfectly normal healthy person can go see a doctor for an ailment, the doctor tells them they must come back regularly for life, and within a few months the normal healthy person is now feeling like crap from all the drugs prescribed for ailments that don't exist. And they must take them for life. lol (so the pharmaceutical companies tell the doctors to tell their patients)

Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 AM

4,997 posts, read 13,552,099 times
I am with you NewAge. I go to get a diagnosis, but if I know of a cure I will use it instead. Like my lung doctor that just said I have mild asthma. He gave me these lovely samples of drugs and 3 prescriptions. I am taking chamomile, gingko, and then fennel seeds. I am better already. I went back and he said that I was better. I will go back one more time now that I am also taking something else from a nutritionist. I just want to see if these things are really working, but after that it is a waste of money.

Another doctor said I had thyroid problems. I went off soy after reading about it and thyroid problems. Then I began taking raw coconut oil and iodine. Now it is normal. In five months I get re-tested to see if this is really working for me. My family doctor is okay by this and said, "You cured yourself." I am not so sure yet.

The list of cures that I have done on my own is long. Like having Gerd and taking raw vinegar and honey in water before I eat and curing it to the point that I don't need vinegar and honey as often now.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:57 AM

PinkString

Funny you should mention dog bites. That was one of the emergencies I was treated for. Avoiding doctors was my grandmothers secret of longevity. She lived to the ripe old age of 97, with a sharp mind and physical vigor up to the end of her life.

Jessaka

Thanks for sharing your success stories with the natural cures. One things I've learned about natural cures....they really work!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM

7,268 posts, read 16,861,323 times
I do everything I can to do the holistic and natural medicines. Love all you all that do the same.
I have a friend who is a diabetic and he just found out he has lung cancer. He doesn't want to cure himself and I don't understand people that want to remain sick when they can heal themselves. They depend on doctors. He has chosen the chemo route which is going to kill him anyway and make the doctors more rich. It's the easy way out and IMO, most people like this are too lazy to help themselves, so they get the doctors to write prescriptions for drugs, take them and then complain of the side effects. I, for one, don't like a pat on the back and a prescription.
I will give a big pat on the back for those who are doing it naturally.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 AM

3,080 posts, read 9,697,509 times
No, you don't need a doctor...
...unless you're sick.

IMO, you're really doing a disservice by spreading this hokey pseudo-scientific nonsense around.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:20 PM

Default That's what the forum is all about

sponger42 wrote:
IMO, you're really doing a disservice by spreading this hokey pseudo-scientific nonsense around
Thank you for expressing your opinion. That's what the forum is all about.

IMO, I am doing a great service by exposing readers to these ideas. After reading the article, they will draw their own conclusions just like you and I have.

Thanks again for posting your opinion.

blessings....Franco

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 09-12-2007 at 12:43 PM..

Old 09-12-2007, 04:14 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,861,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
No, you don't need a doctor...
...unless you're sick.

IMO, you're really doing a disservice by spreading this hokey pseudo-scientific nonsense around.
IMO, this is not nonsense.
It is nonsense to go see a doctor everytime you get sick and to have so much faith in them.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Not part of the curriculum.

songinthewind7 wrote:
It is nonsense to go see a doctor everytime you get sick and to have so much faith in them.
I would add that it is sheer nonsense to go to doctors for advice about being really healthy. Always remember that a doctor's livelihood depends on having alot of sick people making appointments to see them, usually resulting in yet another prescription for a dangerous drug. Someone ( read the patients ) has to make the Mercedes payments!

This dysfunctional system is kept in place not only by the doctors, but also by the patients who put them on a pedestal and see them as Medical Dieties.

IMO, it absolutely boils down to taking responsibility for our own health by living a healthy lifestyle. There are a few doctors out there teaching healthy lifestyles, but it is a very low percentage of AMA members who do so. In fact, many doctors are poor examples of good health becasue no one has ever taught them how to be healthy. It just wasn't part of the curriculum in medical school.

blessings...Franco

Old 09-12-2007, 04:56 PM

4,997 posts, read 13,552,099 times
thanks NewAge,

Here are a few more. I had Raynard's Syndrone for years. Everything I touched ice cold things my fingers would turn white and then gray, and I would have to put them in hot water. The doctors just ignored me. I began taking Ginkgo, not for that but for another reason, and it cured the Raynard's.

I had Epstein Barr and Fibromylagia. I was so tired and achy I couldn't function. The doctors couldn't help me. A scientist friend gave me an article on it, and I began juicing with 7 carrots, 1 rib of celery, 1 clove of garlic, and a few sprigs of parsley. Within a week my energy level rose, and within a couple of months I was well. It also cured my high blood pressure.

I agree that people treat doctors as medical dieties. Even those in my family will take drugs when they can do what I did. Mostly it is because they don't wish to juice or they don't trust an herbal or vitamin, etc. remedy.

Years ago when I first studied nutrition on my own I was reading Adelle Davis books. I know they are not a great resource now. But I had night blindness and she said to take Vitamin A.

A friend had black lung disease and cancer on his ear. The doctor kept cutting away his cancer, but he had more. I suggested he put Vitamin E on it and take it for his black lung. Both went away.

I had gastritis for over a year, and the doctor could not help me. That is when I used Adelle Davis' method of two raw eggs in milk three times a day. It went away. And that led me to always try other methods of threatment.

I understand that doctors take one nutrition class in college, if that. And if you think that is bad, I had a friend that was an intern and going to be a psychiatrist. He said that he only two took psych classes in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or