U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 9,033 times

Advertisements

Hiya, I'm 19 and I had my first ovarian cyst when I was 17, it caused a lot of pain and was removed by laparoscopy when they were looking for endometriosis but didn't find any.
I had similar pains every few months or so and would have a really heavy period after and then the pain would go. I had very very bad pains a month ago and bled heavily for 4 weeks and there were little particles in my blood, the doctors supposedly treated me as an emergency but my scan is next week.
It seems that I get cysts every now and then and they rupture, but my periods are regular, anybody have any idea what this could be? because i heard pcos meant you needed to have irregular periods.

Also - my second question is whether the fluid from when my cysts rupture could cause me to have yeast infections or similar symptoms? Because I get yeast infections that I cannot get rid of when this happens and I don't know what to do, I told my doctor but the waiting list for a gynaecologist is 2 months so I'm still wondering. I have so much time off work for this pain and I can't stand it

Please help - thank you xxxx
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 PM

16,392 posts, read 30,653,279 times
Sorry you are having problems. Maybe this will provide some answers for you: polycystic ovary disease - Bing Health (http://www.bing.com/health/article/mayo-MADS00423/Polycystic-ovary-syndrome?q=polycystic+ovary+disease&qpvt=pcos - broken link)

Old 03-25-2012, 04:27 PM

10,313 posts, read 9,838,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcharlottex3 View Post
Hiya, I'm 19 and I had my first ovarian cyst when I was 17, it caused a lot of pain and was removed by laparoscopy when they were looking for endometriosis but didn't find any.
I had similar pains every few months or so and would have a really heavy period after and then the pain would go. I had very very bad pains a month ago and bled heavily for 4 weeks and there were little particles in my blood, the doctors supposedly treated me as an emergency but my scan is next week.
It seems that I get cysts every now and then and they rupture, but my periods are regular, anybody have any idea what this could be? because i heard pcos meant you needed to have irregular periods.

Also - my second question is whether the fluid from when my cysts rupture could cause me to have yeast infections or similar symptoms? Because I get yeast infections that I cannot get rid of when this happens and I don't know what to do, I told my doctor but the waiting list for a gynaecologist is 2 months so I'm still wondering. I have so much time off work for this pain and I can't stand it

Please help - thank you xxxx
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a specific condition. The cysts are small and usually do not rupture or cause pain.

Cysts that cause pain in your age group are usually formed from egg follicles and are caused "functional" cysts because they happen during what is basically the normal activities of the ovary. Some form at the time of ovulation. Some are just overgrown egg follicles which do not actually release a mature egg. Functional cysts will go away by themselves and do not need any treatment. For that reason, for a scan to be of the best use, it needs to be done while you are having pain.

Ovarian cysts do not cause yeast infections or predispose to them.

Functional ovarian cysts can be prevented by using birth control pills. A very low dose pill may be less effective in preventing egg follicles from enlarging or in suppressing ovulation, so a moderate dose pill may be suggested.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM

2,509 posts, read 6,905,509 times
Have you been on antibiotics? That can make you very susceptible to yeast infections...and you could simply be prone to them. My daughter is! Some folks just have bodies that are hospitable to yeast!

Are you taking anything for the pain? Usually, an anti-inflammatory will help.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:29 PM

9,717 posts, read 6,797,327 times
sometimes eating a good yogurt, and avoiding all suger will cure your yeast infection...and keep it at bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness