Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 03:13 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was involved in a minor car accident on March 2nd this year. I was stopped by the red light and a truck came from behind and hit me. It was pretty hard and loud. After that the right back side of my neck had slight pressure pain for about couple days. It went away and now it is back. It does not hurt when I massage it though. Sometimes when I turn my neck left and right, it does hurt. I would say the slight pressure pain is all around my back neck I also do lift heavy lifts but I have doing this for over 10 years. Any suggestions? Advil does help a little bit and I can still sleep normally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times
I'd find a really good, very experienced, non-force chiropractor.
If you're not open to that option then find a physical therapist or a massage therapist who is very knowledgeable about structural issues.
It's best to get to the root of the problem now and not wait until it becomes a more serious / chronic problem.
Even though it's not that bad now, it could become so.
Best to address it sooner than later.
I have a lower back issue that i didn't deal with. I let it go for two years and now i sorely regret not attending to it when it first became an issue.
I just figured that it would correct itself. And that does happen. But, imo, better to be on the safe side and save yourself from potential worsening of pain, cost and time.
Also, given that you lift a lot, i think it's even more wise that you address it now with someone who is experienced and someone who you feel comfortable working with.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
I'd find a really good, very experienced, non-force chiropractor.
If you're not open to that option then find a physical therapist or a massage therapist who is very knowledgeable about structural issues.
It's best to get to the root of the problem now and not wait until it becomes a more serious / chronic problem.
Even though it's not that bad now, it could become so.
Best to address it sooner than later.
I have a lower back issue that i didn't deal with. I let it go for two years and now i sorely regret not attending to it when it first became an issue.
I just figured that it would correct itself. And that does happen. But, imo, better to be on the safe side and save yourself from potential worsening of pain, cost and time.
Also, given that you lift a lot, i think it's even more wise that you address it now with someone who is experienced and someone who you feel comfortable working with.
What is my best route? A Chiropractor? Does it matter when they graduated? People say to see a older doctor.

Last edited by Info Guy; 04-01-2012 at 05:39 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
I would ask my family doc for a referral to a physical therapist. Your insurance is likely to cover it. Sounds like you have a mild whiplash injury.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I would ask my family doc for a referral to a physical therapist. Your insurance is likely to cover it. Sounds like you have a mild whiplash injury.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I called several Chiropractor closest to my area so I just waiting to see when I can get the quickest appointment that is covered under my insurance.

If it is a mild whiplash, what can be done?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Check your insurance. Mine allowed me to see a physical therapist for 30 days without a referral. To continue beyond 30 days, I have to get authorization from my PCP.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,850,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What is my best route? A Chiropractor? Does it matter when they graduated? People say to see a older doctor.
If you have a choice re; your insurance i'd see the person that has the most experience.
A good chiropractor is definitely a good route imo.
I would see someone who has at least 15 years experience. The more experience the better and ideally you'd find someone who has been referred to you, not by an m.d. necessarily, but by someone (like a friend or colleague / work buddy) who has direct / personal and successful experience with the practitioner.

Last edited by jaijai; 04-01-2012 at 07:25 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Check your insurance. Mine allowed me to see a physical therapist for 30 days without a referral. To continue beyond 30 days, I have to get authorization from my PCP.
I have Aetna POS II. I can see anyone without a referral.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 PM

What will the Doctor do?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Hi, I was involved in a minor car accident on March 2nd this year. I was stopped by the red light and a truck came from behind and hit me. It was pretty hard and loud. After that the right back side of my neck had slight pressure pain for about couple days. It went away and now it is back. It does not hurt when I massage it though. Sometimes when I turn my neck left and right, it does hurt. I would say the slight pressure pain is all around my back neck I also do lift heavy lifts but I have doing this for over 10 years. Any suggestions? Advil does help a little bit and I can still sleep normally.
i simply cannot believe that you do not have a lawyer and that because of that, you may never be fully compensated for your medical bills. when you get into an accident, you need to go to a doctor: a chiro, an OMD or a neurologist. your pain needs to be documented for damages to be paid. and your therapy needs to be continual until it is resolved to a doctor's satisfaction or the the extent you body will recover.

whiplash can stay with you for a long, long time. getting hit from behind will often cause it and
what exactly you were doing at the time of impact greatly affects the way your neck is whipped...
depending on whether you were looking forward, left, right, etc. and that will determine almost
which muscles are affected.

the same is true from whiplash when you are broadsided.

good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness