Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 AM

5 posts, read 14,408 times

Advertisements

I have fibromyalgia and a Protein C deficiency.Fibro makes me hurt everywhere. I know I can improve with exercise and have slowly increased mt activity level.
if anyone can send me info at NightlyNinja2006@wikichat.com I'd really appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 12:37 PM

155 posts, read 821,443 times
if you type in serotonin into Google you will find a great site explaining why we have a low level in our bodies and the results of it
www.mayoclinic/health/fibromyalgia (broken link) also is a great place to explain the pain, tiredness, depression that all goes with this for us.
I feel for you - this is hard for all of us to go thru life in constant pain that is chemically non replaceable - I do find that professional massages will help me for about 30-45 days
I go to a Massage Envy spa and get the swedish one hour treatment with usually a female that understands the releasing of toxins in the muscles and working the fluids back in
she always tells me to drink excessive amount of water after the massage for the first day to put fresh "juice" into the areas.
GOod luck and GOd Bless.....

Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM

32 posts, read 98,939 times
Fibro is just a fancy term for severe prolonged anxiety. Don't believe you cannot overcome it, you can and will. The doctors told me the same think about Prostatitis. I didn't overcome it until I realized that I spent too much time focusing and worrying about it. Get help overcoming your anxiety and the fibro will disappear as well. Don't believe the doctors, I witnessed healings first hand.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:10 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
are you actually implying that Fibromyalgia is all in one's head? I beg to differ and I think you need to do some reading on the matter. I'm sure people who are suffering from this very real disease do not appreciate the implication. I don't have it but many,many family members and friends do.And they suffer greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe07 View Post
Fibro is just a fancy term for severe prolonged anxiety. Don't believe you cannot overcome it, you can and will. The doctors told me the same think about Prostatitis. I didn't overcome it until I realized that I spent too much time focusing and worrying about it. Get help overcoming your anxiety and the fibro will disappear as well. Don't believe the doctors, I witnessed healings first hand.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 PM

32 posts, read 98,939 times
No, it's not all in the head. It's a muscular tension disorder that manifests itself via severe prolonged anxiety, which is in the head. I should know, I had it in another form. Been free of it ever since I overcame my anxiety!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:10 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
in all my research I never read anything about anxiety. Perhaps you actually had an anxiety disorder and not Fibromyalgia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe07 View Post
No, it's not all in the head. It's a muscular tension disorder that manifests itself via severe prolonged anxiety, which is in the head. I should know, I had it in another form. Been free of it ever since I overcame my anxiety!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Quote:
It's a muscular tension disorder that manifests itself via severe prolonged anxiety, which is in the head. I should know, I had it in another form. Been free of it ever since I overcame my anxiety!
1) Fibromyalgia is a non-life-threatening, chronic disorder of the muscles and related soft tissue, including ligaments and tendons.

2) Its main symptoms are muscle pain, fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points at certain parts of the body.

3) A related, key aspect of fibromyalgia is the presence of "tender points," muscles and tendons that are tender when pressed. Typically, tender points are located in the neck, back, knee, shoulder, elbow, and hip.

4) Researchers have found elevated levels of a nerve chemical signal, called substance P, and nerve growth factor in the spinal fluid of fibromyalgia patients. The brain nerve chemical serotonin is also relatively low in patients with fibromyalgia. Studies of pain in fibromyalgia have suggested that the central nervous system (brain) may be somehow supersensitive.

5) Certain factors may increase your risk of developing fibromyalgia. Being female greatly increases your chance of developing this syndrome. It is possible that having a rheumatic disorder (such as rheumatoid arthritis), an infectious disease (such as Lyme disease or mononucleosis), a psychiatric condition (such as major depression), or a traumatic event (such as a car accident) may increase your chance of developing fibromyalgia. There is some evidence that having a family history of fibromyalgia may increase your risk.

Fibromyalgia - MayoClinic.com
6) Although the intensity of your symptoms may vary, they'll probably never disappear completely.

You can not brush EVERYONE'S disease with your experience. We are all different.

I have fibro in my family. Oh, and fibro is classed as an arthritis disease. Arthritis Disease Center l Disease Definitions l Arthritis Disease and Related Conditions Did you know that? Liz

Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Try cutting out animal products and wheat products. See if your fibromyalgia symptoms go away.
What most people don't realize is what they are eating is what is causing all these diseases and symptoms.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:13 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Johndoe is correct in the sense that depression and anxiety is associated with fibromyalgia. As well as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and chronic fatige syndrome. It is classed with the arthritides, but don't think it is actually a type of arthritis, as it more affects muscles. I think some believe there is an association with abuse in childhood and PTSD. And even if it is "all in the head", many diseases arise from a "chemical imbalance" in the brain.

I have a light form of fibromyalgia, had it checked out years ago, saw Rheumatologist and Neurologist, all tests came back "normal", as is usual case for this disease. They told me to get out of their office, go exercise and take a vitamin! I thought they were full of it, but was so scared at the symptoms (going numb and dropping things) that I went out and started doing 40 laps in the pool and taking my vitamins. So I was "cured". It is not usually that simple, some have far worse problems than I had. I still take a number of supplements, because now I DO have arthritis (old age kind!) and DO still exercise, makes such a difference for me anyway. There have been studies on guaefenesin and magnesium helping some people with muscle pain, but don't think they have been proven totally effective.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,640 times
I have fibromyalgia, i was doing fine on a combination of medications the dr had me on but the last couple of weeks has been really bad like it was when i was first diagnosed. i can barely walk the pain in my feet and legs ar so bad, my legs hurt from my knees down and it feels like the bones are coming thru the bottom of my heels. i called the dr and asked for a disapled parking permit for these bad days and they will not give me one. i don't know what i am supposed to do. i called my reumatologist yesterday morning and left a message how much pain i am in and she has yet to call me back. makes you wonder about doctors. i have severe muscle spasms in my back from my shoulders to my waist also, i have degenerative disc disease and bone spurs in my neck and arthiritis in my lower back and neck. i don't know where to turn to get help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness