U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 05:18 PM

15,178 posts, read 15,218,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
Yes, that is our problem, also. We live in some town out of 1970 where I would figure 85% of my neighbors in our complex smoke. It's so bizarre to see kids 12 and up puffing with no one reprimanding them. I guess you can't tell your 15 year to not smoke when you puff like a fiend.

Our next door neighbors smoke constantly. Thank God they don't have children to poison. We get the brunt of their sucky smoke in our apartment.

I hate it. We have no idea why people are so STUPID about this habit in 2012. We come from another part of the state where it's very anti-smoking. Then again, they just opened another smoke shop in this town. People need to keep these businesses out of neighborhoods. Ugh.

I really feel for you, no really....I do!

I moved out of the last place I lived MAINLY because I was one of the few non-smokers.

Same story with the place I am living now, been here 6 months and I wake up to the odor of filtharette smoke......will be moving yet again. My problem is at lower-income rentals the smoking rate is 90%....so it makes NO sense for management to have a no-smoking policy........and if they do it is just WINDOW DRESSING.....never enforced.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM

841 posts, read 1,600,140 times
Well, today the smokers were going full tilt. After a few weeks of not smelling anything it was HORRIBLE. I don't understand why we can go weeks with these people being home and it doesn't smell (except in the hallway) but other times it is horrendous.

I had 2 fans going plus my windows wide open. I couldn't stand in my kitchen. I don't like to cause problems but it's like they puff right under their cabinets which connect to mine or something. My husband has sealed off all the holes we can see but still it is terrible.

Smokers, you have no clue what other people SUFFER due to your habits.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:01 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,374,520 times
Quote:
Well, today the smokers were going full tilt. After a few weeks of not smelling anything it was HORRIBLE. I don't understand why we can go weeks with these people being home and it doesn't smell (except in the hallway) but other times it is horrendous.

I had 2 fans going plus my windows wide open. I couldn't stand in my kitchen. I don't like to cause problems but it's like they puff right under their cabinets which connect to mine or something. My husband has sealed off all the holes we can see but still it is terrible.

^^^^this^^^^exactly how those of us who are affected by perfumes and colognes feel daily. Everywhere. And no one doing anything to stop it.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
^^^^this^^^^exactly how those of us who are affected by perfumes and colognes feel daily. Everywhere. And no one doing anything to stop it.
I respect what you are saying, Pippy, because I also hate them. I get migraines from smells. Perfume is the worst, followed by cigarettes.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:00 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,231,190 times
I hate it too. In addition to smelling awful, it gives me a migraine and sends me into a coughing fit. Once I lost my voice for two days cause I spent the whole day with a smoker.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,251 times
Im pretty sure you are one of many! Most non-smokers hate cigarette smoke.
Since so many of my friends smoke, I learned a few tips:
- Always face the way the wind is going, the smoke will go another way and you wont be able to smell it
-breathe with your mouth if the situation gets horrible
- if your friends are smoking sit to their left cause smoke for some reason tends to go to the right
-to get cigarette smoke out of you hair put on some shampoo a few minutes before you get in the shower
hope it helps!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:23 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,830,509 times
Quote:

NON SMOKERS have no idea how WE SUFFER because of your constant whining and complaining. I get tired of hearing it and I am a very courteous smoker but get blamed for anyone who smells a hint of smoke anywhere. I don't stay at some hotels because they are non smoking or I have to take the stairs to the second or third floor, I HAVE to go outside in extreme heat or cold but I also HAVE to be exposed to all of the non - smokers body odor, creams, perfumes, shampoo, soap and any other crap they decide to put on and I AM ALLERGIC to imitation citrus. So that imitation scented lotion the bank teller just put on THEN handled my MONEY causes me to break out in HIVES or her perfume makes me GAG or I have to go to a different line at the grocery when I want to pay for my items because of the body odor of the person in front of me. If you do not LIKE the smell of smoke when walking into a building GO AROUND and use a different door or DON'T GO IN. Smokers are out there because they HAVE TO BE not because they WANT TO BE and they only HAVE TO BE because all you non smokers who refuse to mind your OWN business whined enough to have LAWS passed. So when I am OUTSIDE taking a SMOKE break and YOU are still INSIDE because you don't smoke, don't complain, you got what you wanted.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:13 PM

If I got what I wanted, no one would ever smoke ever again.

Quit and you won't have stand outside in all weather smoking your cancer sticks.

In my home I should NOT have to smell someone's smoke. My rent money is as good as theirs. Right now I am choking because these two dipwads are next door are smoking again. Someone has been CHAIN smoking all day in there and I smell it REALLY BADLY in my apartment. I have been coughing and I can't breathe even with my windows wide open.

Am I not supposed to be pissed off? I can't enjoy MY home because of their dirty addiction.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 PM

32,116 posts, read 39,199,960 times
Quote:
If I got what I wanted, no one would ever smoke ever again.

You are a minority if you smoke now, so yeah, it should be tough for you.
Quit and you won't have stand outside in all weather smoking your cancer sticks.

In my home I should NOT have to smell someone's smoke. My rent money is as good as theirs.

I think companies need a smoke shed in the back of the building for you and your fellow smokers. Go stand in the shed away from the front and usually only entrance to a building.

I do skip going to places if people are puffing outside.

Someday all smoking will be banned. You will see. The time is coming.
Does that include marijuana? And after smoking's banned what's next?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:28 PM

9,018 posts, read 7,952,009 times
You're definitely not the only one. I grew up in a family of smokers- me being the only one who didn't. I can't tolerate the scent of cigarette smoke on people. It literally makes me gag, or get choked up. And btw, yes it also includes the smell of pot. Absolutely disgusting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness