U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM

28,000 posts, read 46,434,155 times

Advertisements

At one time I drank to much diet Pop and my kidneys started to hurt. I drink water and milk now.

News, When people attribute someone's untimely death to a Coke overdose, they're usually not talking about the world's most popular soda.
But experts in New Zealand say Natasha Harris' 2-gallon-a-day Coca-Cola consumption "probably" contributed to her death.

Woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,513,270 times
Ha! This woman also smoked just over a pack of cigarettes a day and had poor eating habits. That's why coke is only CITED in the cause of her death.

Still, 2+ gallons of coke per day seems to be an addiction. We all got our problems.

Try doing 2+ grams of 'coke' per day and see what happens. Ooo wee.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:30 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,502,704 times
Yep, it did. Though not from the chemicals. If you read the article it is from diluting her body chemistry to where her organs could no longer function. Added to her already bad nutrition, that is well documented with physicians trying to get her to change, her body simply couldn't function.

You can do the same with any other liquid in a large enough volume.

Not a fan of coke, but portraying it like coke poisoning her rather then liquids diluting her body chemistry is downright disingenuous.

There's enough things in the world that are problems that there is no reason to lie.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,996,699 times
Yeah, drinking 2 gallons of ANY liquid(even water) would be a contributing factor in ones death, add to that the other chemicals in Coke along with a poor diet and the outcome isn't going to be good.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:38 AM

4,939 posts, read 2,976,436 times
I drank 2 gallons of coke once and got a tummy ache. After that, I decided it wasn't good to drink that much fluids anymore.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM

69,463 posts, read 79,677,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
At one time I drank to much diet Pop and my kidneys started to hurt. I drink water and milk now.

News, When people attribute someone's untimely death to a Coke overdose, they're usually not talking about the world's most popular soda.
But experts in New Zealand say Natasha Harris' 2-gallon-a-day Coca-Cola consumption "probably" contributed to her death.

Woman
I don't beleive this for one minute. When some study or experts say this or that, often it is overlooked what else the person or people might have done to bring on their death...or their desease. I also see where now you are saying the cola probably contributed to her death, this is the same as saying it caused her death. Anyone who drinks that much cola has other bad habits as well. Drinking too much milk, unless it is non fat can be bad for you, becuase of the fat content. Even too much water isn't as healthy as some might think.

I just see these studies or findings interesting, but I think we need to take them with a grain of salt. If we believe all we are reading and hearing today, we would be afraid to get out of bed in the morning. Of course, if we don't get out of bed we will die from lack of exercise.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:29 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,529,748 times
Well too much of anything is bad..look at people who die of drinking too much water. It does not seem like this woman had a good healthy diet either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or