U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-25-2012, 10:14 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
910 posts, read 1,797,928 times
Reputation: 942

Advertisements

For those who do take these things seriously I have some more info for you. The following link is of a book preview (NOT meant as advertisement!) where you can read several pages which contain very interesting things most people don't know about the dangers of mold contaminated buildings and homes: When Traditional Medicine Fails: Guide To Mold Toxins by James Schaller, M.D., C.M.R. & Gary Rosen. You can request it from your public library if you want to know more.

This is not about a little mildew in your bathroom, it's about stuff inside the walls, an attic, basement and/or inside your air conditioner, and therefore, the vents.

Some think only the "weak" as in children, the elderly and immuno-supressed people will fall victim to it but women are very prone to this, perhaps because of our unique chemistry, and anyone under regular stress (at work, relationships, financial, etc.) and a high cortisol output will experience naturally lowered immunity. But what I didn't know before is that several molds produce mycotoxins that have immuno-supressive actions (which should not come as a surprise since some, if not all, of the first anti-rejection meds for transplant patients, which suppress immunity, are derived from fungi everyone can be affected sooner or later, even if in different ways.

Another little known or widely ignored fact is that we are constantly ingesting mycotoxins from various fungi in the food that we eat, although these are regulated in the U.S. so as not to allow dangerous quantities, if a diet consists mainly of foods that are normal carriers of such fungi and their mycotoxins it's easy to see how many of us have gone way over the limit of what could be considered "safe", and over time this can have serious consequences for our health, and when we're besieged on "all fronts", well, the body just cannot defend itself properly. Just "FYI", here's a list of the top 10 foods which have the highest content of mycotoxins: 1) Alcoholic beverages, 2) Corn, 3) Wheat, 4) Barley, 5) Sugar, 6) Sorghum, 7) Peanuts, 8) Rye, 9) Cottonseed, 10) Hard Cheeses.

The reason I'm sharing this is because of personal experience. Since the year 2000 until the present, my health has suffered in many ways due to excessive exposure to mold and also ingestion of mycotoxins but, except for believing I had "an allergy to mold" I really had no idea where all my problems came from and they're all due to just a couple of reasons, and one of them is the above. The story is kind of long so I'm not going to post it here, but I can tell you that after moving away from the humid climate in S. Florida with only a small part of my belongings, I quickly began making a lot of improvement (just like I had in years past whenever I traveled to the Dominican Republic where most of the homes are made of cement blocks and not wood, and except for businesses and stores most people do not have central a/c).

Unfortunately, overconfidence caused me to start eating all of the foods I loved and couldn't eat (wheat, dairy, PB, sugar, etc.) thinking my body could now handle them, but I was very wrong and soon I lost most of the progress I'd made. In fact, I've done this like 3 times already, so I know much too well what a hold food can have on any of us. But I think finally I've accepted that probably for the rest of my life I will need to "watch my Ps & Qs" and this time I'm improving my diet even more by incorporating a lot more raw organic veggies in it and limiting the amount of meat I eat, which as soon as I run out of what I have in the freezer, will be organic only.
Not only I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired but I don't want to take the chance that my "playing with fire" might get me seriously "burned".

So, if you or a loved one has been living or working in a home or building where' mold can be seen, that's humid or smells "wonky", and/or if your/their diet consists of mostly those "Top Ten Foods" (remember, those are just the worst ones but there's more...) and their health is just not good, or they're depressed, or the kids are "hyper" or "hard to handle", well, give some thought to this and do your own little research and/or encourage them to learn more, you never know the difference you could make!

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top