Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,086 times

Advertisements

for the past one year and half now i notice that my menstrual period has gone from 3 days to just two days and with less blood it has never been like this before now. i do use two pads in a day but now just one hadly gets wet.
i am 31yrs i have no kids yet and i know that i am not pregnant.
pleas i really do need a reply anybody with an answer?
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 05:44 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
And you haven't been to your OB/GYN because?

There could be a lot of different answers...you need to see your doctor.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM

37,099 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrice32 View Post
for the past one year and half now i notice that my menstrual period has gone from 3 days to just two days and with less blood it has never been like this before now. i do use two pads in a day but now just one hadly gets wet.
thanks
If your periods are regular (about the same number of days from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next), It could be normal.

Light, painless periods may mean you do not ovulate. If you do not ovulate you can also skip periods and you may eventually have a very heavy one.

There is an easy way to tell if you are ovulating. Take your temperature when you first wake up. If you ovulate, it will go up a small amount about two weeks before your next period starts.

You can record the temps on a chart like this one:

http://assets.babycenter.com/ims/Con...lank_chart.pdf

Use a digital thermometer and take your temperature before you move around or have anything to eat or drink. Day 1 on the chart is the first day of a period.

Show the chart to your doctor when you follow Kim's advice.

Light periods are unlikely to mean something serious, like a cancer. It would be safe to take your temp for a few weeks to see whether it goes up or not.
If you do not ovulate, it is not necessary to do anything unless you do want to get pregnant.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,849,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrice32 View Post
thanks
There could be any number of causes.
It doesn't necessarily mean that you're not ovulating.
If you're concerned, i'd see an ob/gyn.
In the mean time, don't fret about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness