Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Men do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?
Yes 20 80.00%
No 5 20.00%
Sometimes 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:40 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

I try to wash before meal time and after using the bathroom.

News, Men more likely not to wash after bathroom use.

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- The gender gap has widened when it comes to hygiene, according to the latest stakeout by the "hand washing police."

One-third of men didn't bother to wash after using the bathroom, compared with 12 percent of women, said the researchers who spy on people in public restrooms. They reported their latest findings Monday at a meeting of infectious disease scientists.

Two years ago, the last time the survey was done, only one-quarter of men didn't wash, compared with 10 percent of women.

"Guys need to step up to the sink," said Brian Sansoni, spokesman for the Soap and Detergent Association, which co-sponsors the survey and related education campaigns.

Men more likely not to wash after bathroom use - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/09/17/dirty.hands.ap/index.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Ewww. Gosh.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:40 AM

443 posts, read 1,792,538 times
Yes, I always wash my hands. And I also use a courtesy flush when dumping. More men should use the courtesy flush.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
A sailor and an airman where in the mens room together. The airman finished first and walked out without washing his hands, which kind of ruffled the sailors feathers. Later the sailor saw the airman agiain and said, "hey, I noticed you didn't was your hands in the restroom. In the Navy, they teach us to wash our hands after taking a leak." The airman said, "In the Air Force they teach us not to pee on our hands."

blessings....Franco

Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 AM

233 posts, read 751,563 times
i clean my hands after handling money, pumping gas, and going outside. not to mention the bathroom. i do not like when my hands are dirty.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:15 AM

medicineman wrote: i clean my hands after handling money

Yeah man, you should always wash your hands after handling that filthy lucre.

Thirty years ago I attended a workshop called, The Fundamentals of Prosperity. The leader had the audience write on the blackboard all of the negative associations they had concerning money. One of them was that money is dirty. To help us give up that belief, the leader had us take a paper bill of any denomination out of our wallets, then he had us wad it up and put in in our mouths. Man, did that ever make the room come alive! I finally worked up enough nerve to do it, and lo and behold, I didn't get sick..not so much as a sniffle. Sounds weird..but it was very effective in changing that belief.

blessings....Franco

Old 04-07-2014, 03:27 PM

898 posts, read 1,218,098 times
i only wash my hands after shaking someone else's or if i have to somewhat touch public surfaces (a pole inside of a bus or train). i never wash after going to the toilet. why should i? i will mention that i wash my private area after number 1 every time (i am a man) with a small amount of water and number 2 is always washed with wet toilet paper. i also only use my own pens at stores (sign credit cards). never public stuff. i get sick a lot less now since i started this. stay away from germs. yuck.

i have known money was dirty since i was a kid. that one dollar bill in your pocket now was once held by a homeless heroin addict, then a prostitute, then little joey's mom who sneezed all over her hand touched it, and now you got it. nasty.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:52 PM

Hair Guy wrote: i have known money was dirty since i was a kid.

Reminds me of a prosperity workshop I participated in, in San Francisco in '76. One of the exercises we did to shatter a common limiting belief ( money is dirty! )about money was to take a one dollar bill out of our wallets, wad it up, and put it into our mouths. You would have totally freak out!

It was a voluntary exercise. No one had to participate, but most of the 200+ people in the room chose to do it. It was rather repulsive to me, and it initiated the gag reflex, but I did it, and obviously....I lived to tell about it.

Wether or not putting a dollar bill in my mouth had anything to do with it....synchronistically I FOUND a $100 bill on the street, a few days later. I have found some $10s and $20s since then, but never another $100. Maybe you gotta chew on a dollar bill to find the $100s!!!! I've never been broke enough to find out. Once was enough.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 04-07-2014 at 06:07 PM..

Old 04-07-2014, 08:50 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,311,022 times
Yes! Religiously.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:04 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
#1 or #2? There is a difference.

Actually, it would make more sense to wash your hands before using the bathroom. Your privates are probably cleaner than the doorknob, and you might want to keep it that way. If your hands are dirty, that is the last place you want to spread germs. Urine itself is perfectly safe to drink and contains no pathogens, so you certainly don't have to worry about that..

#2 is something else.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-08-2014 at 08:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness