U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 11:38 PM

32 posts, read 104,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
Save your money, tincture of iodine applied 2x/day will dry them up painlessly and they'll fall, same for most moles.
speaking from experience? i ask coz i have a mole i want to remove. tincture of iodine is relatively cheap too wow i googled.

not to scare you guys with skin tags problems especially those who have lots in specific area..... skin tags is indicative/sign of cancer. or is it warts? but isn't it skin tags are glorified form of warts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 PM

4,445 posts, read 5,168,213 times
You can also use a strand of hair to tie them off at the base. This has worked for me.

Dr. Oz said that wart remover, the kind that freezes, also works but I haven't tired it yet.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 AM

910 posts, read 1,797,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverworks View Post
speaking from experience? i ask coz i have a mole i want to remove. tincture of iodine is relatively cheap too wow i googled.

not to scare you guys with skin tags problems especially those who have lots in specific area..... skin tags is indicative/sign of cancer. or is it warts? but isn't it skin tags are glorified form of warts?
Yes, I've removed several this way. But there's one dark mole I've had all my life which is weird, sometimes it itches, maybe because it's around my waistline and clothing might irritate, and it doesn't want to completely go away (yet!), it just keeps peeling off with the iodine and gets flatter/smaller but apparently has deep "roots" and each time I get tired and begin to forget the iodine. Over 2 years ago I even removed some of the worst "age spots" that cropped up on my face, but they did get darker first so I had to use foundation all the time, for the rest I finally bought a cream at a beauty supply and it did a great job.

Check out this search results for "iodine for skin tags" you'll find a lot of references about it. Several years ago I also used to go regularly to an Iodine Yahoo group where I think is where I learned about iodine for skin tags and moles, I also read testimonies of people who had cured cancerous moles/spots with 7% iodine tincture (apparently only available in some Spanish stores in cities like Miami, it's called "Yodo Fuerte").

Old 05-09-2012, 06:33 AM

32 posts, read 104,545 times
do you have to puncture or scrub your mole raw first before application like the other mole remover products directions i see. that's the reason why i dont wanna do it.

so does your mole get darker too? but it's already dark. lol.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM

2,379 posts, read 4,282,348 times
I leave mole removal to the dermatologist. I had one removed about two years ago that was right under my breast - it didn't look to be anything to be concerned about but my underwire in the bra rubbed on it.

Skin tags are pretty common - they seem to form places where skin rubs together on most people.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:48 AM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
Skin tags do not normally become cancerous, they are just unsightly. I would NEVER try to remove a mole, you don't know what you are dealing with. If it's a type that becomes cancerous, you are just aggravating it and maybe spreading it out bigger. That's a job for a dermatologist!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,604,245 times
I sometimes get a skin tag on my armpit. I just shave it off when I shave my pit hairs. It's really no big deal. I did have a much bigger one, and I went to the derm for that. She snipped it, then cauterized it with a laser so it wouldn't bleed all over the place (it was on my upper thigh where my underwear elastic hits) every time I took a step.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 AM

910 posts, read 1,797,448 times
Quote:
do you have to puncture or scrub your mole raw first before application like the other mole remover products directions i see. that's the reason why i dont wanna do it.

so does your mole get darker too? but it's already dark. lol.
No, you just apply the iodine on it. It'll just form a scab that will peel off eventually (try not to pick on it...). Iodine is actually needed for cell apoptosis (programmed death), so it's just helping those abnormal growths to die.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 AM

9,457 posts, read 16,404,322 times
Quote:

I read somewhere, and can't remember where, that skin tags are a sign that you have insulin resistance. I thought that was crazy but my 17 yo dd has IR and skin tags, which I had always thought were a sign of aging. I'm going to have her try the iodine--I have a bottle of the clear stuff around here somewhere.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:26 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,130,161 times
I would say the person who wrote that was crazy themselves. If that was remotely true, then most of the population must be insulin resistant, cos most of the population would probly have papillomas of some sort on their person somewhere? Just saying <g>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness