U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 PM

144 posts, read 242,301 times

Advertisements

Discovered 1 under each arm a few days ago. Not really knowing what they were I took a scissor to the left one trying to remove it, may have removed part of it but I started bleeding, and whereas I previously could not even feel or know it was there it's been painful and bothering me. I went to a walk-in clinic today and was told they're skin tags, and the one I tried to remove has a hematoma and I could use neosporin for the pain. He would've removed them for me but that clinic didn't have the equipment he needed. He was suggesting I see a dermatologist, except, in my general area it is very difficult to get in to see a dermatologist, and I really don't want to wait weeks/months to get rid of these. I've put calls in to the few offices there are and will wait to hear back from them. I've done some online searching now that I know what they are and read some home remedies including duct tape, nail polish, and floss. Don't really want to pursue those. Right now I'm planning to get some apple cider vinegar and apply it to them with cotton balls, the acid is supposed to dry them out so they fall off, and not take more than 10 days if I apply 2-3 times daily. Just wondering if anyone who has ever had these has tried this method or what else you'd used successfully, and preferably quickly, to remove them yourself. I also read some people use those wart remover kits on them and that can work, that seems like it might be real quick if it did so I'm considering trying that but I think most of those kits are like 10 plus dollars so looking to sort this as cheap as possible.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:27 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,249,601 times
I was just told that a wart remover works

Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 AM

8,175 posts, read 14,249,488 times
you can wrap/tie dental floss very tightly around the skintag and it will fall off in a few days.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:28 AM

16,929 posts, read 19,666,757 times
Never ever try and cut off your own skin tag!!! I was told no by my regular Dr. and dermatologist. Go to a Dr and have them remove it. You could cause yourself an infection.Those Docotrs you recently called, well keep calling them do not wait for them to call you back. You have to be persistent if you really want to get this taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness