Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:57 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,968,861 times

Advertisements

Hi ya'll,

My 17 year old daughter got the Gardasil vaccine the end of May.Since then she has had nothing but problems, including being in the ICU for a couple of days because of pericarditis.She also has excruciating head aches,fatigue,shortness of breath, chest pain,stomach pains,loss of appetite and so on and so on. The doctors now think it's effecting her auto immune system.( Two of her pediatricians agree it was the shot) This was a girl that was running about 10 miles a day before the shot and now can't walk upstairs without resting. At any rate, we are waiting on an appointment to see the Rheumatologist and have just started seeing a naturopath. The problem is that this shot and it's effects are so new no one really knows what to do with her,and the Docors sort of just try to treat what they think is going on. I'm at a loss, she has gotten very weak and hasn't been to school in two weeks now. I have adjusted her diet, and am limiting red meat and fat, and trying to feed her mostly fruits/ vegetables and lean meat. I've thought about contacting teaching hospitals, both those that teach conventional and alternative methods. I just thought I would see if anyone out there has any other ideas. She's just getting worse and worse and I need help.

Thanks for ANYTHING you can suggest. I would take her to Canada if that would make her better,so we are open to almost anything.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:25 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,373,422 times
I am so sorry that she is going through all of this. I think going with a combination of the both is agood idea. All I can really say is that my prayers are with you both. Blessings michelle

Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 AM

Thank you Michelle, I appreciate it!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:36 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Hi ya'll,

My 17 year old daughter got the Gardasil vaccine the end of May.Since then she has had nothing but problems, including being in the ICU for a couple of days because of pericarditis.She also has excruciating head aches,fatigue,shortness of breath, chest pain,stomach pains,loss of appetite and so on and so on. The doctors now think it's effecting her auto immune system.( Two of her pediatricians agree it was the shot) This was a girl that was running about 10 miles a day before the shot and now can't walk upstairs without resting. At any rate, we are waiting on an appointment to see the Rheumatologist and have just started seeing a naturopath. The problem is that this shot and it's effects are so new no one really knows what to do with her,and the Docors sort of just try to treat what they think is going on. I'm at a loss, she has gotten very weak and hasn't been to school in two weeks now. I have adjusted her diet, and am limiting red meat and fat, and trying to feed her mostly fruits/ vegetables and lean meat. I've thought about contacting teaching hospitals, both those that teach conventional and alternative methods. I just thought I would see if anyone out there has any other ideas. She's just getting worse and worse and I need help.

Thanks for ANYTHING you can suggest. I would take her to Canada if that would make her better,so we are open to almost anything.

Wow. I am sorry to hear this. I heard some negative things about this vaccine too...Ugh. Sorry you have to go through this. I hope your daughter feels better soon..

Old 09-28-2008, 12:45 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,329 times
Gardasil Side Effects

These are the listed side-effects. Could her symptoms be caused by something else?

Maybe Merck needs to take a closer look at this vaccine. Side effects (most of them minor) are not uncommon. But if you truly believe this is caused by the vaccine and you know of others suffering from the same symptoms, maybe you should call Merck directly.

Merck & Co., Inc.
One Merck Drive
P.O. Box 100
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889-0100 USA
Phone: 908-423-1000
Monday-Friday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM ET

Merck - Contact us

Old 09-28-2008, 01:36 PM

We have contacted Merck and have filed the VAERS report. All but one of the doctors we've seen also believe everything she is experiencing is caused by the vaccine.I just don't know what to do about it and how to fix it and make my daughter feel better again.It's heartbreaking!

Old 09-28-2008, 01:48 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
We have contacted Merck and have filed the VAERS report. All but one of the doctors we've seen also believe everything she is experiencing is caused by the vaccine.I just don't know what to do about it and how to fix it and make my daughter feel better again.It's heartbreaking!
I'll bet it is heartbreaking. Whenever there is a problem with our children we want to make it go away or take it on ourselves. That doesn't seem to go away.

I'm glad that you filed the report. It may or may not be directly linked to the Gardasil but you need to find out. Are they treating her symptoms at least? What do they want to do? Any treatments?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:53 PM

Merck is not admitting fault or even claiming most of the side effects as of yet.Which is not surprising look how long it took for the truth about Vioxx ( also produced by Merck) and drugs such as phen phen to be pulled from the shelves. Look at how many people how to die and be permanently injured before something would be done.But when you look at the independent studies done, her sypmtoms are classic, unfortunately.This means that a lot more girls will have to go through this before something will be done.But in the meantime, the doctors TRY to treat her symptoms, but because this vaccine is attacking her body in a way that has not been seen before, the treatments don't work.That's why I am on here asking for advice and why we're trying a number of different remedies, not just the conventional route.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:23 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,891,469 times
Could you please post some links on the independent studies you have found? My daughter (14) just finished her second and has no reactions to it. I'm sorry your daughter is going through what she's going through, but for my own education, I would appreciate if you could share your findings.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Could you please post some links on the independent studies you have found? My daughter (14) just finished her second and has no reactions to it. I'm sorry your daughter is going through what she's going through, but for my own education, I would appreciate if you could share your findings.

I pray your daughter doesn't have any of these side effects. I have about 50 web sites, maybe more that I could give you, but tried to choose a good variety. You could just google gardasil and side effects and so on. Some of these websites are religious websites that provide links to studies and personal testimony. I didn't really want to include these because I didn't want someone to judge this based on a religious website.However, this site provides great links to articles in the New England Journal of Medicine and so on and so on. Take a few minutes and look at this information.

I don't expect anyone to change their opinion based on what I've said or what's happening with my daughter.But if you look at the facts, and educate yourself you can come to your own conclusion. There are some background facts on this vaccine, such as: it does not prevent againist all strains of HPV, noone knows how long the vaccines are actually good for and those getting the shot will probably have to have a booster in 5 to 10 years.The company that fast tracked this drug ( Merck) is the same company that produced Vioxx. There was a HUGE lawsuit againist vioxx because of it's bad side effects and deaths from this drug. Right around the same time that Merck lost the lawsuit and now has to pay damages to those effected, Gardasil was pushed thru and "fast tracked". Gardasil is one of THE most expensive vaccines ever produced. I could go on and on, but I won't, please just take some time, read the info and decide for yourselves.

In the meantime, I didn't start this post as a place to debate the worthiness of Gardasil.I started it because my daughter needs help and I don't know where to turn.

But here are some sites: ( are we allowed to post links? If not, PMme and I'll send them to you or just google it)

Judicial Watch Investigates Side-Effects of HPV Vaccine | Judicial Watch
Important UPDATED Information on the Merck HPV Vaccine Gardasil - From the New England Journal of Medicine « women 4 hope

Children of God for Life

Focus shifts to Merck's Gardasil as new adverse events uncovered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness