U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 56,425 times

Advertisements

GREETINGS!!!!

My right eyebrow has been twitching for the past 5 months. I can't bear to be near people as a result of this going on for so long. It has me depressed and feeling like a stupid alien.

On one morning, I woke up with my right eyebrow twitching... just the way I slept, and I've had it ever since. I thought that if I left it alone it would go away in a few days, but it didn't.

My BMI is 25.
I get 8-10 hours of bedtime (7-8 hours of "out cold" sleep) each night. My bedtime has been 10:00pm for many years.
I am not a junk food eater. I avoid caffeine. I take plenty of fluids (and rarely drink soda). I will eat meat once in a while. I do not smoke or drink alcohol, not even once in a while.

So, I've done all the usual precautions that would remedy nearly anyone's twitching problems. This left me very frustrated, since I had to guess what else might be causing the twitching and doing trial-and-error for weeks, just to see if it would work. Here's what I tried:

I tried not doing anything to the eyebrow for the first 2 months. That didn't work.
I tried rubbing/holding it once in a while. That didn't work.
I tried putting ice on it. That didn't work.
I tried using a heating pad/warm compresses. That didn't work.
I tried not sleeping on the eyebrow altogether for a few nights. That didn't work.
I tried sleeping on an entirely different bed for a week. That didn't work.
I tried getting in some extra 2 hour naps to my 8-10 hours of sleep. That didn't work.
I tried stretching the eyebrow. That didn't work.
I tried running a magnet over my eyebrow a bunch of times. That didn't work.
I tried changing my detergent and sheets. That didn't work.
I tried switching shampoos 3 times. That didn't work.
I tried getting washed more/less often, and with different water temps. That didn't work.
I tried moving my bed away from the window to get less light. That didn't work.
I tried changing both of my desk setups and switching desks. That didn't work.
I tried exercising and recreation. That didn't work... if anything that made it worse.
I tried having more/less milk and pasta. That didn't work.
I tried eating more whole grain bread. That didn't work.
I tried increasing my vitamin intake. That didn't work.
I tried rubbing IcyHot cream on it for 4 days. That didn't work.

I tried putting myself on Allegra for a week. That didn't work.

The reason I mention Allegra:
When my upper left eyelid was twitching for 4 months back in 2009, I had to take Allegra for 3 weeks before the stupid twitches finally faded out. That was the only thing that worked for me!
But this time, with my right eyebrow, Allegra didn't work.

However,
I took 500-750 mg of magnesium supplement for a few days, and so far, that seems to work... there is still a twitch, but its amplitude has dampened out by 75%.

But that shouldn't make any sense, since I've been eating pasta/bread and that already has lots of magnesium in it!
I guess I should try magnesium for a week or two.

So, why would my stupid eyebrow twitch just not go away by itself????
And why would Allegra work for my eyelid twitch but not work for my eyebrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 PM

13,103 posts, read 17,634,355 times
maybe an allergy caused the twitch ? I also had a twitch for a while too but it was a nervous condition and my dr put me on anti anxiety meds and the twitch is gone now I hope for good . Maybe you have an anxiety issue causing the twitch . I would check it out .

Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
One of my eyelids twitches when I am under stress. How is your stress level?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:14 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,570,758 times
Are you on any kind of medication and that could be some odd side effect from it? Magnesium is good for nerve health, I believe, so that might be why it's giving you some relief. This article talks about using calcium and magnesium supplements to help. Tormented by Twitching?

Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 AM

17,971 posts, read 17,131,123 times
I was going to suggest magnesium deficiency. Are you using alcohol? Or a lot of caffeine?

It's really hard to get enough magnesium in your diet even eating nuts and whatever else--supplements work best for a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or