U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2012, 09:23 PM

2,873 posts, read 4,541,520 times

Advertisements

Has anyone undergone hormone treatment for low DHA or low energy? Did it work for you? Did you have any side effects?

I've had low energy since I can remember. I can easily sleep 12 plus hours and still feel exhausted. I used to always take a nap after school and after work. I'm feel like I'm just dragging through the day.

Many years they checked my hormones and found I had very low levels of DHA. They started me on a testosterone cream (I'm a female, btw). I didn't stay on it more than a few months...not really long enough to get it a fair shot as far as my energy levels. The reason I stopped using it was because it threw my body into what I can only describe as a second puberty. I gained ten pounds in a month and my body shape completely changed...I sprouted breast and hips. Before using it I was stick thin and stick straight...I looked like a young boy. Suddenly I looked like an actual woman and I wasn't overjoyed with the change.

So I'm interested to hear other people's experiences and how well it worked/didn't work for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness