U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 04:48 PM

17,868 posts, read 17,080,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Oh I know. I've seen on the Internet how normal foreskins do retract, but the guy I was dealing with just had a problem. He probably needed to just go ahead and get circumcised even though he was like 25. lol
That would be...extremely painful or difficult.

If my parents decided to keep me whole, then that's how it will always be lol.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 PM

33,590 posts, read 51,807,704 times
Maybe you should, knowing that:
Here are only a few of the foreskin's functions:
Protection of the p***s of incontinent infants
The tissue of the foreskin is richly supplied with blood vessels and contains a lot of nerves. It therefore contributes significantly to the pleasure of intact males during sex.
It provides natural lubrication and therefore prevents dryness, which is often responsible for painful intercourse and chaffing or abrasions (which both contribute to the entry of STDs and viruses/bacteria).

There is a significant change in the penis with one-third or more of the entire penile skin removed by circumcision. This removal of sexually functioning tissue will alter sexual functioning. Over the years, circumcized men report that there is a progressive loss of p***s sensitivity, that they need excess stimulation to reach orgasm and that coitus can get painful.
It is not uncommon for circumcized men to feel a sense of parental violation, to express feelings of mutilation and to be dissatisfied with the look of their circumcision.

In many countries circumcision is not offered. The removal of a functioning, normal body organ is contrary to the motto of medicine "First do no harm". Circumcision is a breach of fundamental medical ethics.

Last edited by elnina; 05-29-2012 at 05:02 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 04:58 PM

17,868 posts, read 17,080,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe you should, knowing that:
Here are only a few of the foreskin's functions:
Protection of the p***s of incontinent infants
The tissue of the foreskin is richly supplied with blood vessels and contains a lot of nerves. It therefore contributes significantly to the pleasure of intact males during sex.
It provides natural lubrication and therefore prevents dryness, which is often responsible for painful intercourse and chaffing or abrasions (which both contribute to the entry of STDs and viruses/bacteria).

There is a significant change in the penis with one-third or more of the entire penile skin removed by circumcision. This removal of sexually functioning tissue will alter sexual functioning. Over the years, circumcized men report that there is a progressive loss of p***s sensitivity, that they need excess stimulation to reach orgasm and that coitus can get painful.
It is not uncommon for circumcized men to feel a sense of parental violation, to express feelings of mutilation and to be dissatisfied with the look of their circumcision.

In many countries circumcision is not offered. The removal of a functioning, normal body organ is contrary to the motto of medicine "First do no harm". Circumcision is a breach of fundamental medical ethics.
My old man is smarter than I thought. He said it was a money thing. I thought I saw through his lie!

But on a more perverted level, it's definitely true that stimulation is pretty fantastic. I can't compare obviously, but it makes me want to do it more often!

Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM

6,009 posts, read 4,946,507 times
Quote:
Currently, the practice of newborn circumcision is very common. It has been estimated that 60%-75% of all males in the United States are circumcised. This number, of course, varies depending upon ethnicity and religious affiliation.

Regarding newborn circumcision, most physicians today agree with the practice of informing parents of the risks and benefits of the procedure in an unbiased manner. Recently, however, several large studies revealed a 60% decrease in HIV transmission in circumcised males compared to uncircumcised males. This may ultimately influence some changes in recommendations in the near future.
Circumcision: Medical Pros and Cons--Infections, Disease, Hygiene and Cancer on MedicineNet.com

Quote:
The predicted lifetime risk of cancer of the penis in an uncircumcised man is one in 600 in the U.S. Cancer of the penis carries a mortality rate as high as 25%. This cancer occurs almost exclusively in uncircumcised men. In five major research studies, no man who had been circumcised as a newborn developed cancer of the penis. Human papillomavirus types 16 and 18, which are sexually transmitted, are involved in cancer of the penis.
Circumcision: The Medical Pros and Cons Symptoms, Causes, Treatment - What is the relationship between circumcision and cancer of the penis? on MedicineNet

There's much more. But why not pace ourselves, eh?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:08 PM

^^^ Those are US articles. Of course they will promote the procedure.....

In the US, data from the 1992 National Health and Social Life Survey, a nationally representative sample of 1511 men and 1921 women aged 18-59 found no evidence of a prophylactic role for circumcision with regard to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Indeed, circumcised men were slightly more likely to have had both a bacterial and a viral STD in their lifetime. It was also observed in Australia that the circumcision of men had no significant effect upon the incidence of common STDs.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12293538

The claims of “potential benefits”, allegedly provided by medically unnecessary, non-therapeutic circumcision, lack any real support from medical science. United States medical literature, as compared with the medical literature of other nations, is highly biased in favor of male circumcision. The word “potential” means to exist in possibility but not in actuality. The scientific literature that supports such “potential” benefits is written mostly by doctors who were reared in circumcising cultures.
http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...atement03.html

Neonatal circumcision is one of the most common surgical procedures performed in the United States. However, little is known about the long-term risks and benefits.
http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/c...cumcision.html

and so on...

Last edited by elnina; 05-29-2012 at 05:30 PM..

Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Those are US articles. Of course they will promote the procedure.....
What specific claims are you calling false here? And do you have anything more than speculation with which to do so?

There certainly are risks associated with either choice. But I think it really boils down to this:

Circumcision can prevent MAJOR problems, while heightening the risk for minor ones. Not being circumcised prevents MINOR problems, while heightening the risk for major ones. Exceptions may exist, but that's the general gist.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 PM

665 posts, read 645,782 times
what "function" does the foreskin perform? It's nice to know that I've been living almost 27 years without a functioning penis because I lack a foreskin. Good of you to tell me that. Why the hell would I regret something that has been the same my entire life? Not like I was masturbating right after being born, how the hell would anyone circumcised have any idea what not being circumcised is like?

Also, why is it that it always seems like women are the ones up in arms about this issue? What do they have to do with it at all? As for the whole "not as sensitive" thing, I seriously doubt any circumcised guy needs more stimulation, seriously. We have a hard enough time lasting long enough as it is, no pun intended.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
It's unfortunate that so many people think removing a fully functioning body part "just because" is a good idea. They used to remove spleens because it was thought there was no reason to have one; how'd that work out?
While the foreskin certainly has its functions, few (if any) significant purposes cannot be served by a restored foreskin.

Foreskin restoration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why Restore Your Foreskin | Restoring Foreskin.org

And I've never known anyone to want a foreskin removed "just because". That's certainly not my reason for supporting the practice, at any rate. For religious purposes? Sure, I'm with ya there. I think that's silly.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
what "function" does the foreskin perform?.
If you want to know, you might take the time and click on above links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
What specific claims are you calling false here? And do you have anything more than speculation with which to do so?

There certainly are risks associated with either choice. But I think it really boils down to this:

Circumcision can prevent MAJOR problems, while heightening the risk for minor ones. Not being circumcised prevents MINOR problems, while heightening the risk for major ones. Exceptions may exist, but that's the general gist.
That "can" word is nothing but speculation. You didn't bother to read about it.
If you are happy without it, fine. But please do not spread speculations.
Some people agree, others disagree.
You have no way to know how would you feel with it. You didn't made an informed decision.
No one asked your permission and most of the time parents were coerced to circumcise. Not that you had any say so, sadly.

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...r10-15-02.html

Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 PM

4,915 posts, read 6,579,643 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/8817751-post35.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness