U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 AM

6,044 posts, read 21,131,710 times

Advertisements

I'm having chemotherapy-induced hot flashes and WOW it gets hot! I tend to have them in the evening and during the overnight. I don't know how DH sleeps through my thrashing about, trying to get cool, then covering up when it passes, then starting all over again a few minutes later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,412,550 times
OP have you been checked for diabetes? I've heard that night sweats can be one of the symptoms--never heard of hot flashes being one of them, but what are night sweats then? Perhaps you should check to be sure.

Also, do you and your wife have kids together? Did you have sympathy pregnancy symptoms then?

I only get warm flashes--not too bad really but I get a wave of nausea along with them. Anybody else get that?

Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,971,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OP have you been checked for diabetes? I've heard that night sweats can be one of the symptoms--never heard of hot flashes being one of them, but what are night sweats then? Perhaps you should check to be sure.

Also, do you and your wife have kids together? Did you have sympathy pregnancy symptoms then?

I only get warm flashes--not too bad really but I get a wave of nausea along with them. Anybody else get that?
Yes, I've been tested and I don't have diabetes. My wife and I married at 37 years old. Her spinal problems would have made carrying a baby to term very painful and dangerous to her health.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 AM

12,429 posts, read 14,559,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Are you going through manopause?
Hey Greenchili...it's for real....andropause....just never gets talked about...no doubt because it has to do with men, who seem to be reluctant or squeamish, even just talking about this fact that THEY, as well as woman DO go through a change in life....Maybe it's got something to do with all the rude jokes about menopausal women....who knows...but it is a fact.......Male Menopause (Andropause)* Symptoms Self-Assessment Questionnaire

Old 06-08-2012, 04:22 PM

30,332 posts, read 31,201,438 times
I know a man who got hot flashes when he started taking high blood pressure as well as cholesterol medication at the same time. But after a few days when his body adjusted to the medication the hot flashes stopped.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:37 PM

13,035 posts, read 7,199,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post

No nausea, but I picked up a super bug in 06 before I went through menopause that left me hot and cold every 15 minutes sometimes. I went through menopause with the bug and still have it. I spend most of the summer at home naked in front of a fan. Work is a nightmare of being hot for 8 hrs. I'm wondering if my CNS has been damaged from years of antibiotics or the bug? I pray this goes away some day, it's awful living like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness