U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:10 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,090,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I know a lady that smells like cat poop, she's as nice as can be, but I can't be within ten feet of her or i'll start gagging. I know she has lots of cats and I can only imagine what her house smells like. She smells like an overflowing litter box.

Ew like those ppl on Hoarders.

I'm damned if I know how they manage to live and leave the house semi-presentable, when they live in such filth.

I worked with a guy who stunk. In summer it got even worse. The girl who worked next to him actually had a fan blowing his odor back onto him.

He was spoken to several times but you know what? He DIDN'T CARE.

He was quite happy marinating in his own funk and thought we were the ones with the problem. To this day he's sitting there still, offending everyone except himself...and probably wondering why he's going to die a virgin.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,188,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
She probably has a yeast infection in the folds of her abdomen.
I wish there was a "disgusted" smilie.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:27 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,278,783 times

I wouldn't want to be in a situation of having to explain to someone that they have a bad odor.

Years ago at my first job (customer service with a power company), there was a girl that worked with the guys that dispatched trucks to outages. She was absolutely beautiful, blonde, had a killer figure, was smart, but she had a bad odor in a certain area. One fine morning the head guy in that dept walked into his boss' office and gave his boss an ultimatum. Either she went, or he'd walk out immediately.

Long-short: The boss called her into his office. She took some leave. When she returned after the leave, there was no odor. I'm guessing he talked to her about the smell.

Then at another job I had with an airline's computer department, this one guy had the smell of an unpleasant body function. Nothing ever changed there, so we all continued to endure the suffering until I left that job and my nose was spared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
I have a friend who has a VERY STRONG Funky Oder coming from her vagina region. She is a very sensitive person and I don't want to hurt her feelings. She is also very overweight and now that the warm weather is upon us it is VERY BAD.

The other day I got into my car and it smelled clean and fresh. Once she came into my car it was HORRIFIC where I started gagging and she asked me if I was sick, I open the windows kept the AC on put the peddle to the metal and dropped her off at her home. Once she left my car the stench was no longer/

I spoke to a friend of mine and she explained that women who are obese have a hard time keeping that region clean do to their size and also do to the fact that there is a lot of excess fat, skin that is rubbing and in a dark region where female body fluids run free making it a most area.

I was thinking of sending a anonymous letter to her at work or her home.

if anyone has advise how to address this I appreciate it greatly.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM

6,235 posts, read 18,152,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
when I see her next Thursday, If I smell it again I am going to ask her what perfume she is wearing and try to HINT HINT that there is a smell from her that is not doing her justice maybe she will get the hint of what I mean by that if not I gottah drop her as a friend.
That's a good way to get her to acknowledge it. Choose your words wisely OP. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 AM

13,530 posts, read 29,496,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Ew like those ppl on Hoarders.

I'm damned if I know how they manage to live and leave the house semi-presentable, when they live in such filth.

I worked with a guy who stunk. In summer it got even worse. The girl who worked next to him actually had a fan blowing his odor back onto him.

He was spoken to several times but you know what? He DIDN'T CARE.

He was quite happy marinating in his own funk and thought we were the ones with the problem. To this day he's sitting there still, offending everyone except himself...and probably wondering why he's going to die a virgin.
What so sad is this lady has a disabled husband. He must have been in some kind of accident or explosion because he's totally blind and he doesn't have a nose. He probably isn't even aware of what he's living in.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 AM

51,363 posts, read 50,609,566 times
I am so glad I read this before I ate my lunch. I am trying to lose a few pounds, and this thread certainly helped. My appetite has greatly diminished. I think I'll read it again tomorrow!

Just a question--even if a person is very fat and can't reach all the parts, can't they get one of those back scrubbers or wrap a soapy rag around a stick and scrub in all the nooks and crannies?

We had an overweight man at work who smelled like poop all the time. I think he probably had stuff stuck on that he couldn't reach, either. You knew when he had been in the elevator just before you.

Perhaps in these desperate times of unemployment, someone can find revenue in providing a service to these people. "Fat? Unable to clean your smelliest body parts? Our service will scrub and spray and powder you to freshness! We'll lift those folds and find the dingleberries and cheese that you can't reach."

It could be sort of like a car wash.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:20 PM

19,644 posts, read 53,568,232 times
Yes, there are tools made just for holding toilet paper and reaching far back. But you have to know you have the problem, know there is a solution, and have the money to buy it (not very expensive). A long-handld soft brush is good for washing sensitive areas.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:02 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,584,393 times
There is an implement called a "bottom buddy" they sell them off "Dynamic Living" website. Can you email it to her anonymously? Maybe she will get the hint. It's for fat people to use to wipe with.

Also, there are long handled sponges she could get to clean down there. She may not be able to fit in the bathtub, but they make "sprayers" now for the shower. She should get one and put in on "high" for that region.

I suggest either anonymous letter or email laying these things out and say it's not meant as a prank or something offensive, but only to help her.

The antibacterial soap is also key.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:06 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,306,776 times
OMG
all those posts about poop smells
I would never have thought about this being an issue with a sane person who's not a hobo...I could see how obese people could have issues with yeast etc. between folds of skin...but to actually not be wiping their bottoms properly?? Good god

Old 06-13-2012, 05:16 PM

7,315 posts, read 5,278,783 times
LOL! OMG. You really made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am so glad I read this before I ate my lunch. I am trying to lose a few pounds, and this thread certainly helped. My appetite has greatly diminished. I think I'll read it again tomorrow!

Just a question--even if a person is very fat and can't reach all the parts, can't they get one of those back scrubbers or wrap a soapy rag around a stick and scrub in all the nooks and crannies?

We had an overweight man at work who smelled like poop all the time. I think he probably had stuff stuck on that he couldn't reach, either. You knew when he had been in the elevator just before you.

Perhaps in these desperate times of unemployment, someone can find revenue in providing a service to these people. "Fat? Unable to clean your smelliest body parts? Our service will scrub and spray and powder you to freshness! We'll lift those folds and find the dingleberries and cheese that you can't reach."

It could be sort of like a car wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness