Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:39 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,473 times

Advertisements

Brown and yellow on the backs only? I would have politely pulled her aside and explained she's wearing her clothing backwards,,,,it's supposed to be yellow in the front, brown to the back.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:47 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
What about putting together a gift basket with hygiene products and having it delivered to her house. Everyone like presents and maybe she'll get the hint.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:51 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
surely she smells herself how bad she is.. how anyone can suffer smelling I dont know.. Id tell her in a nice way if there is one.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:28 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
She may not necessarily smell herself. I work in a hospital with offensive odors and I usually can't smell something DH can. It's all in what becomes just natural to the individual.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
It's more likely to be the folds of skin under the belly than actual private area. It doesn't matter, it stinks either way.

She needs to start washing the area with antibacterial soap (she needs to get a bottle of hand soap, keep it in the shower, rub it in and let it stay a couple of minutes), use an antifungal spray on it, the kind with the powder is best for hot weather, and make sure to shower daily and change her underpants daily. Lifting the folds of skin and using a hair dryer set on low can help too, it's that the area stays moist all the time and all kinds of crud can grow in there.

I don't think you should tell her to her face. There's no good way to have that kind of conversation with another adult...even my ten year old gets mad when I tell her she needs a shower. Write an anonymous note, include a bottle of antibacterial soap and a can of antifungal spray, and it's up to her if she uses it or not. She is probably aware of the problem but doesn't know how to fix it. It can be very painful. Also, if she's diabetic, it could be more serious and she needs to mention it to her doctor.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:32 AM

943 posts, read 1,844,634 times
when I see her next Thursday, If I smell it again I am going to ask her what perfume she is wearing and try to HINT HINT that there is a smell from her that is not doing her justice maybe she will get the hint of what I mean by that if not I gottah drop her as a friend.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 AM

943 posts, read 1,844,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It's more likely to be the folds of skin under the belly than actual private area. It doesn't matter, it stinks either way.

She needs to start washing the area with antibacterial soap (she needs to get a bottle of hand soap, keep it in the shower, rub it in and let it stay a couple of minutes), use an antifungal spray on it, the kind with the powder is best for hot weather, and make sure to shower daily and change her underpants daily. Lifting the folds of skin and using a hair dryer set on low can help too, it's that the area stays moist all the time and all kinds of crud can grow in there.

I don't think you should tell her to her face. There's no good way to have that kind of conversation with another adult...even my ten year old gets mad when I tell her she needs a shower. Write an anonymous note, include a bottle of antibacterial soap and a can of antifungal spray, and it's up to her if she uses it or not. She is probably aware of the problem but doesn't know how to fix it. It can be very painful. Also, if she's diabetic, it could be more serious and she needs to mention it to her doctor.

good advise but may i add a douche, some monistat and a Weight watchers flyer.... lol ..... she needs to reduce her weight in order to maintain good hygiene in that region. dang I'm a thin woman and in N. Nevada I even have to keep on top of my hygiene in the summer even more so do to perspiration etc.

her stomach is not very big but her buttock and legs are HUGE. . she can hardly walk so i am very sure the smell is vaginal from her legs rubbing and being in such a dark unventalated area pluss she wears dark pants that look like they are painted on. If I had to guess she is about 5'2 and 275 lbs maybe more.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Just tell her. It won't be an easy chat for sure, but it needs to be done. If she does have a yeast infection in her fat rolls and doesn't take care it, it can turn into a secondary infection. Do her and yourself a favor and just tell her. You might **** her off..ok, you will more than likely **** her off..but she will be better off for hearing it.

I have an obese co worker that sweats crap from him pores..at least that's what he smells like. I work with some mid 20 yr old guys who have no problem pointing out the stench and who it's coming from..this guy has no shame and thinks it's funny. We've had to throw out office chairs do to his smell and the fact that he throws his 475lbs down into the chairs. It's gross.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:00 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
My dad had a secretary for years that smelled like BO and other things plus she reeked of cigarette smoke too. Not sure if my dad or anyone in the office ever spoke to her about it or not. Nice woman but she stunk bad. Some days she did not smell but other times she smelled so ripe it was enough to knock your socks off. I worked in the same building across the hall and she would come over to our side from time to time and I had to keep from breathing out of my nose. It's not easy to tell someone they smell or have bad odor. You can do several things, send her an anonymous gift basket with stuff from bath and body works like soap, shampoo, lotions, body splash, stop being her friend or driving her anywhere, or have the delicate conversation. Good luck in what ever descision you decide to choose.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 7,535 times
Truly there is no way to have that conversation with someone, no way, without them being offended. And sending them an anonymous letter, even worse idea because then not only are they offended and embarrassed, but they are left wondering who sent it, and that could be torture all it itself, wondering who at work (a guy, a girl, the boss) sent me a letter basically saying i stank. And sending a gift basket full of toiletries might be a nice idea, but they might not get the point; they might just think it's a nice gesture, and simply shelf the basket somewhere.

My suggestion is that...It's tried and true and it worked before..So here goes...I had the same situation in my office years ago. And I was very close to the perpetrator. Everybody talked about this lady...Not only did she have BO, but you could tell she drank heavily because sometime the smell would come through her pores. So since everybody was talking, i simply told her that some in the office was talking smack, saying she had body odor. She was so upset, asked who said it. I told her i had walked into the bathroom and heard some women in the stall talking about it. She pressed me for names but I told her I wasn't sure because they were in the stall...And I said it could have been this person, could have been that person, basically i threw out some names but didn't confirm anyone, and made sure to say i really couldn't tell because they were laughing alot. She fixed the problem guys! That BO was gone from that day onward, though the alcohol through her pores remained. I really think she neglected her hygiene because she is a alcoholic..She seemed really embarrassed that people thought she had bad hygiene, and I think that made her hypervigilant about her hygiene afterwards..Hey it worked...Bottom line, if you want to be friends with this person, tell them what the rumors are, and let them fix it on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness