U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:48 PM

91 posts, read 411,723 times

Advertisements

I don't care what you say Anonchick, i know exactly what i am talking about.It cost 3000 or so at cost for the hospitals and it has a 300 percent mark up to be sold to the public.No pharmacy is selling this over the counter unless it is in Canada (i have no clue what they do up there).I did not say it is a cure for HIV.i work with this stuff every day and i know exactly what i am talking about.The stuff you are talking about may be black market pills and there is no telling what they actually are but i am degreed and i know exactly what i am talking about.Now,as to my spelling it wrong,big whoop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 03:02 PM

If anyone out there feels they have come in contact with the hiv virus,do not hesitate to ask your doctor about this drug.It is used in all AMERICAN hospitals for healthcare providers in case of accidental needle sticks by an aids infected patient.The drug needs to be started within 24 hours to be most effective.That is why your blood along with the host blood, is drawn immediately to determine wether or you are at risk.There is a test that can determine wether or not there is a chance either party has anti bodies .It is called a SUDS test and can be done in the space of an hour in any hospital lab.You see, your body will start making anti-bodies to the invading cells within 10 days.Yes,the hiv virus mutates and that is why it is so hard to catch and destroy but it does show up.This drug is so strong and powerful that it can halt all cells from multiplying for a while thus if can halt the virus from multipling as well if it can be caught when their are only a few of them in your system.It will lower your chances of contracting the actual virus from 1 in 2 to i in 250,000.This is nothing to thumb your nose at if you ever have a scare.Ignore on line information and take it from someone who knows about it and not someone who read about it.All info on line is not bad or wrong but i am telling you what i know.Abacavir is what aids patients take to slow down the process but it is in no wise a cure.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:18 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,277,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Hope this develops into a world wide cure ! ! !

Man Cured of AIDS

Man Cured of AIDS: 'I Feel Good' - Yahoo! News

... ...
This is kind of old news as it was reported a few years ago. Also, the doctors wouldn't recommend the treatment as 30% of patients die from this transplant; as it involves destroying your bone marrow with chemotherapy. Also, the HIV infected individual would have to receive a transplant from a person who has the genetic mutation that makes them immune to HIV.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,325,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
That man wasn't the first, Magic Johnson said he is cured too...
I'm not sure what the is supposed to mean but Magic has never said he's cured. He's said his HIV is managed through medication. In fact at the end of the ESPN film "The Announcement" he says, "I am not cured."

If you have a link to him saying he's cured I'd be interested in seeing it.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 AM

71 posts, read 99,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
This is kind of old news as it was reported a few years ago. Also, the doctors wouldn't recommend the treatment as 30% of patients die from this transplant; as it involves destroying your bone marrow with chemotherapy. Also, the HIV infected individual would have to receive a transplant from a person who has the genetic mutation that makes them immune to HIV.
In any case, those infected with AIDS who are willing to try to look at treatment methods? Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for it?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 PM

so scarey.You never know who has what.People can have something infectious and not even know it.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,277,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly12 View Post
In any case, those infected with AIDS who are willing to try to look at treatment methods? Perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for it?
30% mortality rate from treatment doesn't really sound like a glimmer of hope and then the costs of finding a matching donor with the genetic mutation.

What sounds more like a glimmer of hope is the recent finding that a anti-cancer drug has the ability to reveal the presence of hidden/ dormant HIV. Which can help since antivirals do not attack dormant viruses.

UNC researchers find cancer drug that may help fight HIV - Health/Science - NewsObserver.com

Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 AM

2,201 posts, read 4,001,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaperpins View Post
so scarey.You never know who has what.People can have something infectious and not even know it.
HIV often doesn't procure symptoms until a good decade left untreated, and by that time it has usually progressed to AIDS.

People who unknowingly have HIV appear healthy and normal.

Yes, you always have to use protection no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness