Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 02:26 PM

6 posts, read 5,899 times

Advertisements

When I fell off a Slide , my back was unbearable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 02:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,388 times
Gall bladder attack. It was intense and awful.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:37 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,418,641 times
I thought the headaches I had from my brain tumor were bad, until I had a kidney stone. Oof!

Old 09-10-2016, 02:54 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,274,303 times
I think it was when I had a toenail removed and they stuck a needle in my toe. When the anesthesia wore off, all of a sudden I would get a shooting pain through my toe-basically reliving that pain. It happened over and over again for about 24 hours.

Cat

Old 09-10-2016, 03:10 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,798,569 times
The pain from a bone graft off the iliac crest. Worse than having a baby. It was like fire under the skin.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:14 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,807,548 times
The pain from neuropathy in my feet and legs almost beats labor pains.

Old 09-10-2016, 03:42 PM

14,927 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I think it was when I had a toenail removed and they stuck a needle in my toe. When the anesthesia wore off, all of a sudden I would get a shooting pain through my toe-basically reliving that pain. It happened over and over again for about 24 hours.

Cat
Just the thought of needles jammed under nails is painful. I had the same experience once when I dropped a dresser drawer onto my bare big toe. I broke that toe in this process too, but didn't discover it till that evening when I came home from work ( despite the pain, I jammed that foot into a sneaker while I still could and went on to work, could barely walk by the end of the day), took off that shoe and found the injured toe looked like a big purple sausage. My husband insisted that I go to the ER, where they x-rayed it, found the break, and decided the toenail-which had such a load of blood under it was projecting from the nail bed) needed to be pierced to remove the pressure from that blood. They told me about poking the needle or whatever they use through the nail to pierce it, and said they'd numb it up first, but they didn't mention jamming a needle under the nail would be the way they numbed it up. All I remember was a nurse who looked like he worked as a bouncer on the side grabbed that foot and ankle and held on tight as they did those dirty deeds, and it went fast. It did hurt, of course, but my toe was already so painful that jamming a needle underneath the nail, and drilling a hole in the nail actually didn't add that much to the pain.

Not something I would ever want to go through again, however.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:03 PM

52 posts, read 99,432 times
a few years ago i had an accident/fall and landed outside of my ankle and ripped everything up. post surgery in the first few weeks i would get sudden stabbing pains up the peroneal nerve and could not set my bare foot down on the ground as it would flush and pound with every heartbeat. pain pills don't help with those kind of pains.

a few months ago i was going up a steep hill and i tried to burst into run and split one of my calf muscles. couldn't make myself limp walking uphill but could hobble backwards.

luckily all these pain came in spurts with relief with absolute rest during the initial inflamation periods.

so i can't imagine what others go through with that kind of pain that is constant and probably requires major drugs. i know i have had it easy thus far in life.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:10 PM

417 posts, read 345,230 times
I flipped a bobcat once. It flipped it over on top of me and fractured my ribs, and punctured my lungs, I also fractured my pelvic bone.

Old 09-10-2016, 05:28 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,565,220 times
I had lithotripsy to break up a kidney stone, I felt fine when I went home from the hospital, but was in agony a few hours later when those fragments started passing. I ended up going to the ER in my small town, and I guess they didn't think it was a big deal since I was made to sit in the waiting area for 45 minutes. I remember being on a bench in the fetal position puking into a bag, I was in so much pain I didn't care who saw me. That was the only time I have ever vomited from pain.

After that whole thing was over with I let that hospital ER know just what I thought of them. I got a letter of apology about two weeks later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness