Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 PM

877 posts, read 2,012,635 times

Advertisements

I've been jogging at the park on and off since last summer now. But I don't know why I feel so much pain when running at the park - I don't know if it's the hot weather that adds more pressure, but my liver seems to hurt every time I jog. I've heard of being too rough with exercises your body can be one of the main causes. In fact, my right does start to hurt/get tired. I'm only 19-years-old but I suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and when I eat, I gain lots of weight easily, even when I eat healthy.

Today was a hot day and after 3 rounds of jogging, my chest area felt weak (?), like I couldn't breathe or something and I came home with a really red face. Is it exhaustion? Should I be jogging? I recently left the gym I've been going on for 3 years so it's harder without some of the machines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 05:13 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times
You are kidding, right? Of course you should stop jogging in the heat. At least cut down to only 1 time a day. Pain, red face, exhaustion, all are symptoms that your body is telling you to quit. YOu are overdoing it. Don't you want to live to see 21???

Old 06-22-2012, 05:43 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
I've been jogging at the park on and off since last summer now. But I don't know why I feel so much pain when running at the park - I don't know if it's the hot weather that adds more pressure, but my liver seems to hurt every time I jog. I've heard of being too rough with exercises your body can be one of the main causes. In fact, my right does start to hurt/get tired. I'm only 19-years-old but I suffer from PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and when I eat, I gain lots of weight easily, even when I eat healthy.

Today was a hot day and after 3 rounds of jogging, my chest area felt weak (?), like I couldn't breathe or something and I came home with a really red face. Is it exhaustion? Should I be jogging? I recently left the gym I've been going on for 3 years so it's harder without some of the machines.
You're in New York. Clue #1: The entire eastern seaboard has been experiencing a heatwave for the past three days. Clue #2: today was one of the worst, due to the storm system building up in the air pressure points west -and- south of New York State. Clue #3. You went jogging not just once, during a day of near-record highs and humidity, but three times. Clue #4, with bonus protip: Jogging when you already have a medical condition, on an *unusually* hot and *unusually* humid summer day, is a stupid thing to do.

You were -probably- suffering from heatstroke. Be grateful you didn't have to be hospitalized, and don't do that again.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
What the others said. Jog early in the morning or inside on a treadmill when it is hot like this. I run outside frequently but cannot take the heat and the humidity. After a mile I feel like I am going to fall over. During the winter I can run ten miles without issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness