U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,993 times

Advertisements

I have this same problem! Have you found a solution yet? Mine started out of nowhere about two years ago, and it has never stopped. I've been checked and re-checked for everything. It's not my thyroid. I feel hot all the time for seemingly no reason. I'm not overweight, I'm not in menopause. I'm in my twenties, in good shape, and this problem is ruining my life. I'm constantly driving everyone nuts with the fact that I'm always opening windows or turning on the a/c. I thought maybe I had an allergy, because about a year into this problem, I started breaking out in hives too, but they can't find one. If you've found out anything new, I'd love to find a new direction to investigate on myself. Thanks! And good luck!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM

16,487 posts, read 20,328,308 times
I'd get a full blood panel done. I had blood taken many years ago and was told my thyroid was fine and then just a few months later had another blood test and was hypothyroid and have been since.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:51 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,083,525 times
Yeah those thyroids can be tricky things.

I think they stop and start and carry on before they give up altogether, so one test may not catch anything.

It could be menopause too, but it does happen to very young women, very occasionally.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,185,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon20 View Post
I have this same problem! Have you found a solution yet? Mine started out of nowhere about two years ago, and it has never stopped. I've been checked and re-checked for everything. It's not my thyroid. I feel hot all the time for seemingly no reason. I'm not overweight, I'm not in menopause. I'm in my twenties, in good shape, and this problem is ruining my life. I'm constantly driving everyone nuts with the fact that I'm always opening windows or turning on the a/c. I thought maybe I had an allergy, because about a year into this problem, I started breaking out in hives too, but they can't find one. If you've found out anything new, I'd love to find a new direction to investigate on myself. Thanks! And good luck!
You may have genetic hyperhidrosis like me. I got it from my Dad, we are both prone to anxiety and sweating. I hade the very expensive, painful nerve surgery done 20 years ago and while my hands stopped sweating, now it comes out from my back, chest, crotch, and feet more. Sage helps some. Do your best to keep your caffeine and spicy food intake low. It started for me when I was 14, now 43. Part of the reason I moved to Colorado is it's dry and that's why I refuse to move to Florida with me wife.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I am hot. And not just hot, but hot, all the time. And I do mean all the time. From the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed, I feel like I am constantly on the verge of a hyperpyretic crisis. Well, maybe not that bad, but you get my general meaning, I hope. When I go for a casual walk, even if it's 40F outside, and I am wearing only T-shirt with no coat, I will come back sticky with sweat. Even when I am sitting down at the computer with my hand on the mouse, I sometimes feel sweat dripping from my armpits and falling down my side. Gross, I know.

My head is so hot and so sweaty that I can't touch it or let it touch anything, because the incredible amount of oil will soil my hands or any objects it comes into contact with. Even something as simple as vacuuming the floor will make me feel overheated to the point that I am literally (and I do mean literally, not figuratively) soaking my shirt all the way through in a matter of minutes. As we speak, I can feel beads of sweat on my forehead, even though I am and have been sitting still, for some time, and my air conditioner is on maximum fan and set at 70 degrees.

When I finish taking a shower, I have to turn the water to cold and stand under it for several minutes, or I will sweat profusely for tens of minutes after I get out due to the feeling of being incredibly hot. It isn't just my skin that is hot, or any specific place, but it's almost as if I have some kind of furnace or reactor in my body core that is pumping out waves of heat to my entire body. I can almost feel it moving through me.

I am not overweight or out of shape. In fact I am actually on the slim side. I am somewhat tall and have below average muscularity for a man of my age and height. To the best of my knowledge I do not have any thyroid or other hormonal conditions. I do not smoke. The only drugs I take are Goody's Headache Powders and Wellbutrin 300mg extended release. Also, when I am sweating, it is always accompanied by a feeling of intense internal heat. When I am actually feeling cool (rare) I never sweat spontaneously, as one would if they had hyperhidrosis.
One of the side effects of Wellbutrin is sweating

Old 09-22-2012, 12:13 PM

Oh BTW I have heard botox works well for localized areas. If it had been available I would have done it 20 plus years ago.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,602 times
Default Similar problem

Hello Lunar,

I came across this thread doing a google search and am wondering, if you're still following it, if you could give an update whether you've found any cause or anything else about your condition. The reason I ask is because about 5 years ago I started to get extremely hot (I was also fit and healthy) out of the blue; it was fairly constant in that they weren't just hot flashes. My thyroid has likewise tested normal. I also started getting tissue/muscle pain 3 years ago which has gotten worse over time and no doctors have found any reason for it. It seems likely that the two might be related. I also have hypermobility and am not sure if that could be related, though most doctors don't think so.

Much thanks,
Aaron

Old 10-10-2013, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 5,331 times
I also have the same problem. I can't stand myself sometimes. I sweat just walking around doing nothing. sitting in the chair. I do have a thyroid problem but all my levels are normal with the medicine. I have searched the internet for all symptoms and still come up with very little. Right now i feel my skin is cool,only because I'm sitting in front of a fan, but on the inside, I feel like Im on fire. I just don't get it. What is wrong with me?????? Can anyone help??

Old 10-10-2013, 12:47 PM

7 posts, read 14,643 times
Wink Your sexual desire is NONE of my business! TMI alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I am hot. And not just hot, but hot, all the time. And I do mean all the time. From the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed, I feel like I am constantly on the verge of a hyperpyretic crisis. Well, maybe not that bad, but you get my general meaning, I hope. When I go for a casual walk, even if it's 40F outside, and I am wearing only T-shirt with no coat, I will come back sticky with sweat. Even when I am sitting down at the computer with my hand on the mouse, I sometimes feel sweat dripping from my armpits and falling down my side. Gross, I know.

My head is so hot and so sweaty that I can't touch it or let it touch anything, because the incredible amount of oil will soil my hands or any objects it comes into contact with. Even something as simple as vacuuming the floor will make me feel overheated to the point that I am literally (and I do mean literally, not figuratively) soaking my shirt all the way through in a matter of minutes. As we speak, I can feel beads of sweat on my forehead, even though I am and have been sitting still, for some time, and my air conditioner is on maximum fan and set at 70 degrees.

When I finish taking a shower, I have to turn the water to cold and stand under it for several minutes, or I will sweat profusely for tens of minutes after I get out due to the feeling of being incredibly hot. It isn't just my skin that is hot, or any specific place, but it's almost as if I have some kind of furnace or reactor in my body core that is pumping out waves of heat to my entire body. I can almost feel it moving through me.

I am not overweight or out of shape. In fact I am actually on the slim side. I am somewhat tall and have below average muscularity for a man of my age and height. To the best of my knowledge I do not have any thyroid or other hormonal conditions. I do not smoke. The only drugs I take are Goody's Headache Powders and Wellbutrin 300mg extended release. Also, when I am sweating, it is always accompanied by a feeling of intense internal heat. When I am actually feeling cool (rare) I never sweat spontaneously, as one would if they had hyperhidrosis.
Okay, why is Wellbutrin "just" what you are taking? What are you taking for, by the way? Isn't that an anti-anxiety drug? Even one drug can cause your system to go haywire.

And what in bloody hell is Goody's Headache Powders? Sounds like some concoction from the late 1800s with cocaine, morphine and mary jane in it.

You didn't state your age, which is quite irritating. Now I have to take the trouble to ask you if you are perimenopausal (between 35-50).

Old 10-10-2013, 12:51 PM

7 posts, read 14,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy CRAIN View Post
I also have the same problem. I can't stand myself sometimes. I sweat just walking around doing nothing. sitting in the chair. I do have a thyroid problem but all my levels are normal with the medicine. I have searched the internet for all symptoms and still come up with very little. Right now i feel my skin is cool,only because I'm sitting in front of a fan, but on the inside, I feel like Im on fire. I just don't get it. What is wrong with me?????? Can anyone help??
So you have HYPERthyroid? Isn't being overheated one of its symptoms? In any case, WHY do you have a "thyroid problem?" And the med doesn't heal you so some "levels" obviously don't change the symptom of excessive heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness