U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-01-2015, 02:18 AM
 
1 posts, read 2,400 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

All I see are old postings. I am 64 in excellent health and on no meds. I have been hot since I was a child. I drove my mother crazy since I refused to wear a coat. I drive my husband crazy since I want the windows open at night no matter how cold it is. I sleep with only a sheet or light blanket. At times I have to go to the guest room so he can sleep which really makes him nuts since he wants me in the same room. Anyone else have the same problem and does anyone know how to cool down besides soaking their head and using ice packs even in winter?? I have bought "chill pillows also to no effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2015, 07:51 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,184 times
Reputation: 10
Why does everything go to gluten? new fad. not a real thing. about .05% people have gluten allergy. just like .05% of fat people have thyroid issues. sorry, but these are not real things.

if you have normal blood pressure, which you can check at pharmacy) are you on wellbutrin? or what other meds? if no meds, no high blood, not overweight then you should see dr. after reading post i realized that i am on wellbutrin thats causes perspiration.

thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2015, 04:58 PM
 
681 posts, read 539,561 times
Reputation: 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraingoddess View Post
All I see are old postings. I am 64 in excellent health and on no meds. I have been hot since I was a child. I drove my mother crazy since I refused to wear a coat. I drive my husband crazy since I want the windows open at night no matter how cold it is. I sleep with only a sheet or light blanket. At times I have to go to the guest room so he can sleep which really makes him nuts since he wants me in the same room. Anyone else have the same problem and does anyone know how to cool down besides soaking their head and using ice packs even in winter?? I have bought "chill pillows also to no effect.

It could be a number of things but your thyroid controls your body temperature and to do that sufficient Iodine levels are required. How much Iodine do you get in your diet?


However, deficiencies resulting in colder body temps seems to be more common but one can still be too hot in warm or too cold in cold temperatures if there are thyroid problems.

Did you ever have your thyroid fully tested? I don't know how reliable it is but you could always get an Iodine loading test done as well. Without sufficient Iodine, your thyroid is unable to keep your body temperature where it should be. I think many people suffer from extremes of body temperature and just think it is normal and do not realise they could do something about it. I wouldn't expect most Doctors to recommend anything to do with Iodine or even know much about it though, it isn't something they are taught about. Ive solved all of my body temperature problems through Iodine but I suffered from coldness and noticed that I was too hot in hot weather and too cold in cold. I only noticed this after my body temperature was improved in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 PM
 
3 posts, read 4,670 times
Reputation: 11
This is going to sound like a broken record. I am 57 years young, female, way past menopause, have LOW Blood Pressure, my endocrinologist and the Mayo Clinic can find no reason why I have been sweltering all my life. I am only comfortable when the ambient temp is below 65 degrees and I am in shorts and short sleeved shirt (must be breathable material). My actual body temp is 97 degrees but my perception is that I am on fire. I can walk for a couple of miles at a time, but only in cold weather. As soon as it gets warm (I live in Atlanta area) I need to retreat to A/C. This is no life, let me tell you. Like the other sufferers, I have been tested to death, but no explanation. I even was tested for Gluten sensitivity. Negative. If anyone finds the answer to this mystery - please Dear Lord, let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 05:38 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
9,862 posts, read 13,185,983 times
Reputation: 8730
Taking sage pills available from Amazon helps with sweating/heat. I run warm all the time and the pills help.

Cutting back on caffeine can help too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 05:41 PM
 
9,985 posts, read 6,379,372 times
Reputation: 5593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieInAcworth View Post
This is going to sound like a broken record. I am 57 years young, female, way past menopause, have LOW Blood Pressure, my endocrinologist and the Mayo Clinic can find no reason why I have been sweltering all my life. I am only comfortable when the ambient temp is below 65 degrees and I am in shorts and short sleeved shirt (must be breathable material). My actual body temp is 97 degrees but my perception is that I am on fire. I can walk for a couple of miles at a time, but only in cold weather. As soon as it gets warm (I live in Atlanta area) I need to retreat to A/C. This is no life, let me tell you. Like the other sufferers, I have been tested to death, but no explanation. I even was tested for Gluten sensitivity. Negative. If anyone finds the answer to this mystery - please Dear Lord, let me know!
you might want to consider moving to a cooler climate.
after all, chances are your ancestors did not live in a climate
like Atlanta. i am similar.. the warm weather is very uncomfortable
to me. I feel fresh and strong, alive when the temp is freezing or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2015, 11:29 AM
 
3 posts, read 4,670 times
Reputation: 11
Thanks Snowball7, after ruling every disease condition out, my doctors and I have concluded that this must just be my "normal" just as many people are always freezing even when it is quite temperate. I will move as soon as I can find a way to sell my home. Thanks for such logical, straight-forward advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2015, 01:14 PM
 
9,985 posts, read 6,379,372 times
Reputation: 5593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieInAcworth View Post
Thanks Snowball7, after ruling every disease condition out, my doctors and I have concluded that this must just be my "normal" just as many people are always freezing even when it is quite temperate. I will move as soon as I can find a way to sell my home. Thanks for such logical, straight-forward advice!
you're welcome. good luck ! city data posters always here to help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2015, 05:08 PM
 
681 posts, read 539,561 times
Reputation: 1259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieInAcworth View Post
Thanks Snowball7, after ruling every disease condition out, my doctors and I have concluded that this must just be my "normal" just as many people are always freezing even when it is quite temperate. I will move as soon as I can find a way to sell my home. Thanks for such logical, straight-forward advice!

I used to think that as well until after Iodine supplementation changed it. As I mentioned before, your thyroid controls your body temperature so I would look into getting your Iodine levels tested. Standard Doctors will not know anything about this. if Iodine had changed nothing then I could understand you accepting that it was just normal for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2015, 12:08 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,817 times
Reputation: 10
THERE IS SOMETHING that would explain this; I know because I've got it. See a DERMATOLOGIST. It's called HYPERHIDROSIS...GO TO THIS SITE: www.sweathelp.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top