U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:05 PM

14,449 posts, read 18,395,304 times

Advertisements

If you have no health problems causing the bad breath, this mouthwash is guaranteed to give you fresh-smelling breath for 12 hours. I use it and can testify that it really works:

Amazon.com: SmartMouth Alcohol-Free Mouthwash, Fresh Mint, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2): Health & Personal Care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 PM

10 posts, read 28,618 times
extreme constipation will also cause this. The person might not even realise they are constipated, they might just not be emptying their bowels. But I agree, it smells horrible!

Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I had this problem in my 20's. I used what they call a tongue scraper which gets rid of bacteria on the tongue. I was also prescribed a prescription pill for this. I had chronic halitosis. I always brushed 2 times a day sometimes 3 and rinsed with mouth wash and it did not help. Now I only have bad breath once in a blue moon. Thank god it's only sometimes that I have bad breath. It can be embarassing.
What's was your diet like?

Old 10-15-2015, 04:13 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,233,685 times
Yuk...its usually gum disease.

That person needs to get to a dentist, immediately.

Funnily enough I had a woman helping me with dental appointments, making them, driving me etc (ive been very unwell) and the entire time we were in the car her breath stunk the car out.

I felt like saying to her "when was the last time you went to the dentist" but its none of my business frankly. I don't know her that well.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:57 PM

2,810 posts, read 152,959 times
I'll just say they could possibly have a Bowel Obstruction. This causes feces and other material tot get clogged in the intestine. If the feces can't get out, its going to become harder and the smell of the feces has nowhere else to go but back up the digestive system, thus, making the persons breath smell like feces.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 706 times
Hi I have terrible breath.. I don't eat meat, I drink alot of water.. My oral health is not bad.. this bb is getting to me..

Old 04-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Status: "Meat to Tickyul is like gold to a Human!!!" (set 21 days ago)

14,683 posts, read 14,758,367 times
Poor oral hygiene, rotting teeth or someone who smokes and/or guzzles coffee.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 159 times
I have also read that GERD could be causing the smell. If Hydro-chloric acid comes up from the stomach and it breaks down the esophagus - the smell is what you're smelling. I don't know if that's this smell though. My breath sometimes smells like death and sometimes smells like a musty old couch (or like old people) and sometimes like a bowl movement. It doesn't smell like throwing up - I don't think.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:37 AM

4,626 posts, read 5,708,019 times
Diet, teeth, digestion, medications, supplements, illness can all cause bad breath. I worked with someone who's breath could peel the paint off the wall. He took medications and supplements that ruined his breath. I just tried to keep a safe distance from him.
I am on a new medication that I take at night and I know my breath must be horrific when I wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness