U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,058,527 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I have always had very attractive feet and I keep my toes polished. However, I seem to have caught a foot fungus -- very likely from the place where I go to have my pedicures. I cannot get it to go away!!! I put tea-tree oil on it every day but a bunch of blistered spread over to another toe. I don't understand. I do not have sweaty feet and I wear sandals all the time, so my feet stay dry and get plenty of sunshine. What's with the fungus????

Greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 11:42 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,890,687 times
Have you tried OTC Lamisil? Also, there is now a prescription med (from MD) you can paint on your toes, that can help get rid of it. I personally would not get a pedicure anywhere "out there", I do my own. Also, sometimes if you have a partner/spouse with toenail fungus, you can get it that way over time. Good luck on your treatment plan!

Old 10-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Have you tried OTC Lamisil? Also, there is now a prescription med (from MD) you can paint on your toes, that can help get rid of it. I personally would not get a pedicure anywhere "out there", I do my own. Also, sometimes if you have a partner/spouse with toenail fungus, you can get it that way over time. Good luck on your treatment plan!
I will go to the pharmacy today.

From what I read, most people get athlete's foot (hate that term!) at least once in their lives. I've never had it before, but I'm quite sure I got it from the nail salon...

Greenie

Old 10-06-2007, 01:07 PM

If it is on your skin, still Lamisil is good. Also there is OTC clotrimazole or one of the -zoles you can get also as cream or ointment. You need to put the powder in your shoes, i.e. Tinactin, wear only clean cotton socks to change daily, keep in between the toes dry after shower, change out shoes every 4-6 months until it is gone. Good luck!!

Old 10-06-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
If it is on your skin, still Lamisil is good. Also there is OTC clotrimazole or one of the -zoles you can get also as cream or ointment. You need to put the powder in your shoes, i.e. Tinactin, wear only clean cotton socks to change daily, keep in between the toes dry after shower, change out shoes every 4-6 months until it is gone. Good luck!!
I don't hardly wear shoes or sox!! I wear my sandals almost full time. My feet are always dry, so I cannot understand how this is happening. Why me ???

Old 10-06-2007, 01:29 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,125,101 times
Vick's VapoRub works. I'm not kidding. Several nurses have told me so, and if you read Dr. Gott's column in many major newspapers, he recommends it.
Be sure to Lysol all of your shoes.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Vick's VapoRub works. I'm not kidding. Several nurses have told me so, and if you read Dr. Gott's column in many major newspapers, he recommends it.
Be sure to Lysol all of your shoes.
I heard about this !!!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Yes, I heard that as well. Guess it doesn't hurt to try!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:04 PM

1,911 posts, read 8,099,001 times
I hope you at least mentioned (the possibility) to the salon or wherever you had the pedicure that you've developed this.
I'm sure the state board of health would like to know as well.
Find out if they've had other similar complaints.

Keep in mind, besides athlete's foot there is cellulitis and a host of other bacterial infections that it could be.
If it were me I'd be having my doc check it to rule out other infections.

Good luck.....

Old 10-06-2007, 08:31 PM

3,684 posts, read 10,839,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
Keep in mind, besides athlete's foot there is cellulitis and a host of other bacterial infections that it could be.
If it were me I'd be having my doc check it to rule out other infections.

Good luck.....

GO TO YOUR DOCTOR!

And the rest of what Citybythebay said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness