U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2007, 06:20 AM

14,938 posts, read 6,689,416 times
I didn't have any last night!!

Either this is temporary or the remedies you gave me WORKS!!
I have been taking vit E, calcium, multiple vit for woman, eating
banana's, and drinking plenty of water as usual.

My legs, the calf part hurts like I've been beat up. In the evening
while watching TV, I use the heat bag that I've made (using a white
tube sock and 1 lb. white rice then sew close) this helps with the sore
muscles.

Trust me that these simple remedies helps! Thanks again for all of
your thoughts and input. I didn't know what to do and needed fast
relief action!

Charlie Horse is a KILLER!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 06:25 AM

14,938 posts, read 6,689,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I just heard about this remedy for leg cramps from a country woman. I have no idea if it works. Put small bars (the thin kind) under your sheets at night. I just had to post that here. I think the others may more than likely have better answers.

I used to get leg cramps, and so I would jump out of bed and put all of my weight on the foot that is cramping. It makes it go away fast.

What kind of bars?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 AM

18,944 posts, read 13,029,177 times
That is good news! I can so relate. My legs would be sore for days after a night of leg cramps. Infact they didn't have time to heal before I would once again get those ugly cramps. Do whatever it takes to help....stick to it because you don't need to suffer anymore!!! Don't forget to get some of the "Sports Cream" to rub on your legs---it will help with the soreness. No need to use it often as I only use it about once in 3-4 months or when really needed.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:42 AM

4,134 posts, read 9,659,441 times
I can't imagine that soap bars work, but this woman said that she uses the flatter soap bars. i have never seen flat ones except at motels. I think nutrition is the real way to go.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 2,729,032 times
You may be drinking too much water. When you drink too much water it depletes your body of vitamins and minerals that it needs. My husband used to be a framer and as such would drink tons of water every day and had charlie horses alot, alot of times in both legs at once. Since he stopped framing and stopped drinking too much water he hasn't had cramping anymore. You could try replacing some of the water you're drinking with powerade it may help you to drink less. He was drinking 2-3 gallons of water a day.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:33 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,226,732 times
Smile What are you doing right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Every morning this week I've woken up to charlie horse cramps in one or
the other leg(s). It's killing me! My legs are so sore and I do limp some
from the muscle pains. It's so painful that I'm afraid to move out of
bed each morning.

What is the cause of this? What can I do about it?

I have been working a lot of hours, I'm very physical working in the
kitchens at work. I drink water all day after my morning coffee, hate
soda pop and ice-T is okay but still drink water most of the day.
What am I doing wrong?
I think the question should be, what can you do right? Well
See a health care practitioner because you can't guess on this one.
In the meantime plenty orange juice, things high in potassium . you should get some relief. i haven't read the replies yet. Are you being treated for any type of Chronic diseases?..................
Hope you feel better, this has to be painful especially at work and while you are asleep
God bless

Old 10-14-2007, 02:59 PM

16,393 posts, read 10,575,057 times
Boy, those cramps hurt sooooo bad. When you first feel like it is happening point your toes up towards your head. If you are able to get out of bed (and I know I often cannot), stand and lean a tiny bit forward.

Something that will really bring them on is stretching in the morning. I also sleep with the blank tucked under my feet making my town point more upward so when I am asleep and not aware, my toes do not point downward towards the end of the bed.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:05 PM

7,429 posts, read 10,510,461 times
Jessaka wrote: I think nutrition is the real way to go.

Jessaka, your wisdom never ceases to amaze me! I agree that Nutrition is the real way to go, because nutrition is just about always a significant component for healing any malady. Improving ones diet with better nutrition, even if it doesn't bring about a complete healing for the specific malady, makes a person feel better overall. It also lessens the chances of developing another malady in the future. You can't go wrong with better nutrition.

blessings....Franco

Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 AM

12,542 posts, read 11,238,208 times
I use to get the same thing in the middle of the night it hurts so bad it wakes you up!
It was before the Dr. found out I had pernicious anemia. I got on the B12 shots and when I forget my monthly shot I start getting cramps again so try a good quality B12 vit. with the least amount of fillers maybe even a time release one if they have them for B12.
Hope that this helps you out.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:51 AM

8,763 posts, read 14,274,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I didn't have any last night!!
I know where yours went...i got it, it woke me up at 5am saturday morning.
It was cold in the room, and i stretched my leg.... it hurt like crazy and i woke the house. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness