U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:39 PM

559 posts, read 1,575,809 times

Advertisements

I found this info. at the Peanut Institute website. It could explain your craving; it could be that your body is low/deficient in some critical nutrients:

Peanuts - Nutrient Dense Food
For the first time, the Dietary Guidelines include a focus on eating nutrient-dense foods to improve health and reduce the risk of chronic disease. The guidelines identify several nutrients that are lacking in American diets, including vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium and fiber. A new survey of USDA data shows that one way for men, women and children alike to meet these nutrient needs is to eat just one serving of peanut butter or peanuts per day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 07:43 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,190,089 times
A recipe for those that crave peanut butter:

1 date cut half-way open, remove pit. LOL
Add half walnut
Top with peanut butter

I had a Turkish friend that taught me this.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM

1,461 posts, read 268,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
I found this info. at the Peanut Institute website. It could explain your craving; it could be that your body is low/deficient in some critical nutrients:

Peanuts - Nutrient Dense Food
For the first time, the Dietary Guidelines include a focus on eating nutrient-dense foods to improve health and reduce the risk of chronic disease. The guidelines identify several nutrients that are lacking in American diets, including vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium and fiber. A new survey of USDA data shows that one way for men, women and children alike to meet these nutrient needs is to eat just one serving of peanut butter or peanuts per day.
Thats interesting, i think thats is what I'm leaning towards, I bought some more multi vitamins and I'm gonna take one of those a day again and see if that helps.. i should do it anyways but I fight it cause I can't take pills, takes me 10 mins to take a vitamin lol.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:36 AM

19,155 posts, read 14,016,143 times
I don't have a "for-sure" answer but my grandmother, who lived to be 94 years old always told me....eat what your body tells you to eat--listen to it--it knows what you need! I believe her. She wasn't talking about junk foods or sweets but foods that have good things in them or certain things your body may need. Just a thought...............

Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM

cyn, i have heard that too, and i think there is a lot of merit in it. but then sometimes our body gets into cravings that are not good for us, so you would have to know. for example, some nutritionist claim that a craving for certain foods means you have a food allergy, which i don't understand.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 PM

979 posts, read 2,694,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
If I am trying to diet (low fat), will crave peanut butter. Also crave the salt in it! Not too fond of almond butter (too sweet), but also like tahini butter. I do love almond milk and use it in everything.

Mmm... what's almond milk? Sounds interesting.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:37 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,541,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
Is that normal, I'll go through these phases of like a couple weeks at a time where all I want to eat is peanut butter,,, apples and peanutbutter, bananas with it, just on bread.. Is there something that I'm craving IN the peanutbutter that maybe I'm deficient in in my body.. It seems like after a week of just eating tons of it I feel better and don't feel like I NEED it anymore.. Anyone else ever had something similar to this? And I'm not preg...
Love peanutbutter, be careful to get your cholesterol checked though;
I don't know your age, but the very fact that you can still reproduce indicate that you may have an estrogen problem or hormonal,

Old 10-16-2007, 03:02 AM

60 posts, read 243,089 times
I've been eating lots of peanut butter after these posts - the natural kind

Old 10-16-2007, 05:24 AM

natural peanut butter is the best for you. the others are hydrogenated.

SuziSu,

almond milk is ground almonds in water. you can blend your own in a blender or buy the milk. they are ground so fine that it is of the consistency of milk.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 AM

979 posts, read 2,694,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
natural peanut butter is the best for you. the others are hydrogenated.

SuziSu,

almond milk is ground almonds in water. you can blend your own in a blender or buy the milk. they are ground so fine that it is of the consistency of milk.
Sounds tasty! is it healthy though? Comparable to Soy, that is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness