Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:54 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times

Advertisements

Is that normal, I'll go through these phases of like a couple weeks at a time where all I want to eat is peanut butter,,, apples and peanutbutter, bananas with it, just on bread.. Is there something that I'm craving IN the peanutbutter that maybe I'm deficient in in my body.. It seems like after a week of just eating tons of it I feel better and don't feel like I NEED it anymore.. Anyone else ever had something similar to this? And I'm not preg...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM

845 posts, read 2,743,420 times
I go through peanut butter cravings all the time. I eat peanut butter on my toast in the morning and peanut butter and apples for an afternoon snack. A couple of years ago I would make homemade popcorn with peanut butter(people thought I was crazy). If I dont control myself I can easily go through over a jar of peanut butter a week. But I eat the smart balance peanut butter everyday for some protein because I dont eat a lot of meat.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:04 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,489,855 times
Thats how I am I h ave to make sure I don't go through a jar lol!! We bough and industrial size one and I just look at it a I'm Lord give me strength Its just weird and it scares my hubby every time,, pregnancy is first on his mind,, I just like to mess with him and tell him women pregnant with twins are more likely to crave peanutbutter and see the blood drain from his face lol.. What can I say the little things amuse me

Old 10-12-2007, 03:13 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,289 times
I crave peanut butter every once in a while and I will buy a bag of apples and a jar of Almond Butter and it will all be gone by the end of the week. Then I'm fine for a month or two. Why is that?

Old 10-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,065,723 times
I don't crave it as much since I switched to all natural peanut butter. Then I discoverd almond butter so good. I still have it in the morning on toast with wheat germ and honey on top. And sometimes I'll have it on some crackers or spread on a wheat tortilla with the wheat germ and honey rolled up for a snack. I think I craved it more before because of the sweetness of the kinds like Jiff. Or maybe they put something in it, I swear McDonald's puts something in their food. When I used to cave and eat that crap I would crave it everyday, maybe it's msg.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:40 AM

56 posts, read 331,056 times
Are You A Vegetarian? Are You Getting Enough Protein???

Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
People get too much protein. Too much protein causes problems. There are many plant foods high in protein for those worried about it.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:22 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
I wonder why you didn't crave it as much after getting the natural peanut butter? Could it be the sugar content of unnatural?

Old 10-13-2007, 10:00 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
If I am trying to diet (low fat), will crave peanut butter. Also crave the salt in it! Not too fond of almond butter (too sweet), but also like tahini butter. I do love almond milk and use it in everything.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:37 PM

186 posts, read 352,782 times
peanutbutter has B vitamins that is in energy drinks--has fiber--good fats--high in protein--its one of the better foods you can eat--indulge--don't worry about eating too much protein--especially if you are exersizing--my fridge always has peanut butter--and i am stingy with it--i don't share my peanut butter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness