Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,262,445 times

Advertisements

My Moms 87 this month and has eaten whatever she wants. Wheat included. I do think its a bit exagerated..jmo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 PM

11,376 posts, read 24,366,976 times
Moderation and variety, people.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:27 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,743,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Our ancestors also did without heating systems, plumbing, faucets, cars, computers, electricity of any kind, guns, public transportation, books, windows with glass enclosures, plywood, and furniture that wasn't made out of straw. They also had no antibiotics, first aid kits, sterilization processes for simple things like needles for sewing deep cuts, anasthetics, prosthetics, and money. Furthermore, ancestors who lived in cold climates didn't eat food grown on trees. They hunted, ate meats and fish of whatever kind they were able to catch. And if it was a bad day in the forest, they didn't eat at all, in the wintertime. They also didn't get to turn up the heat on a particularly cold blustery day.

They didn't do "just fine" unless by "just fine" you mean dying during childbirth because there was no such thing as a cesarian section then - or dying at age 20 due to various plagues that would've been completely prevented had things like -soap- existed...or an average death age of 30...

I prefer my fine now, "franken-wheat" and all, to the "fine" I might've had to endure (or not) if I lived back in the days of our ancestors.

But you go on ahead and take yourself off the grid, live in a cave, toss your cell phone away, unplug your computer, ditch the generator and the car, and money, and modern medicine, and enjoy whatever is left of your life hunting for your supper. Good luck. I'll be at home with a slice of wheat toast and strawberry preserves, posting on the internet or maybe reading a book. Or maybe even ordering take-out.
Boy, you're on a roll aintcha? I like modern conveniences too but I also think we've come up with some pretty obscene ideas that make *not washing your hands before doing surgery* look like a great idea. Like nuclear bombs, high fructose corn syrup, dumping loads of trash into the ocean or sending it to outer space, and GMO's. You all might disagree with my (necessarily shortened) list but I think you can realize that just b/c I like living in the modern era where I don't have to be super anxious every time my child gets a sniffle, doesn't mean that I embrace it all. Just the fact that we have so many people walking around with obesity, diabetes, cancer, and alzheimer's is enough to tell me that we don't have all the answers here. I don't know if those things are caused by wheat and not claiming they are--chances are it's a combination, but I'm willing to look at it and not go hide my head in the sand. And the "good old days" might not have been so great, but they had things we don't, never doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness