Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,960,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Why aren't you using the mechanized carts in groceries, Home Depot, etc? I use them all the time.
I used them for over 4 months and still do

I use them now when I absolutely need too, with the pain med's I can do my grocery shopping pushing the cart slowly walking all over the store and knowing D well I'm going to be in pain later on in the day, I have to use my muscles, I'd love to be able to go fast like I used too but I doubt that's ever going to happen again.

There's 2 types of pain going on with me, one from Isaac's & normal muscle pain from not using legs muscles for months.

As with anyone if you had limited use of walking for 5 months your muscle's become weak, once you start using them again you will have normal muscle pain until you reach your peak where you last were when you could walk.

The Gabapentin is taken 4-5 x day every day, when I need to go grocery shopping I need to take the pain pill to walk thru the store.

Naturally 4 hrs. later you are going to get muscle pain from using those muscles, it's as if you walked up and down stairs 20x the Gabapentin is not going to help with that type of pain.

The scooter's are great, too bad I see many of them unplugged and of course 9 times out of 10 you can bet they will run out of power & ask an employee to get you another one.

Those shopping carts on scooters are not big enough, usually when I shop I have someone with me who's also shopping & I unload the items from the scooter cart into the larger cart so I can finish and check out with the larger cart and scooter cart.

With using the scooter's for months I have learned much about people, they act as if you are an inconvenience to them or they don't look at you, they can be BS-ing in the aisle and when you say excuse me they act as if you are bothering them, damn I never imagined people would be so rude to someone who need's to use a scooter. What in the H do these people think, that I am enjoying the ride.

I have called one companies corporate headquarters about the scooters, I told them the carts are too small and they need some kind of area where HC people can unload the scooter cart and keep shopping, there is no way you can put your entire shopping order in a scooter cart & if you'd want to buy items other than groceries you don't buy them because of that.

I doubt if they will listen but if enough people complain about it something might be done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,582,737 times
Ah, I understand now. When I worked on a neuro-rehab unit, the doctors' mantra was every day in bed=2 days to recover your strength. You do have to walk daily for your overall health. Sorry you are having so much trouble.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Ah, I understand now. When I worked on a neuro-rehab unit, the doctors' mantra was every day in bed=2 days to recover your strength. You do have to walk daily for your overall health. Sorry you are having so much trouble.
Its a PITA but need to go on and 99 more days to go

Old 06-15-2013, 11:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,947 times
My 18 year old son has isaacs and I am wondering about the progression. Have your symptoms worsened over time? Has the pain and symptoms moved to different parts of your body? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriirot View Post
My 18 year old son has isaacs and I am wondering about the progression. Have your symptoms worsened over time? Has the pain and symptoms moved to different parts of your body? Any help would be appreciated.
After 5-6 mo. I started to get muscle shimmers in my arms and neck, it never shows on the outside. A few months later I got the feeling that a bunch of bugs were crawling inside my legs, this is enough to drive one insane. Only a real pain pill will take that feeling away. I seem to get that after using my legs too much or sitting in the same position too long.

I don't feel those muscle shimmers as much now, most likely because of all the meds I am taking but when I am working/using my legs & lifting, my legs feel like they weigh 100 lbs.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,947 times
He doesn't have that happening thankfully. Although I think He could relate to the heavy legs feeling. He doesn't have any sweating, although his quads to ripple when he contracts them. Thankfully it is isolated to his quads at the moment. He has been dealing with this pain for two years and diagnosed about 3 months ago.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 AM

I wanted to mention anyone taking Dilantin its not a drug you can stop easily, its very hard and I am going thru hell. You would think because its not a narcotic it would be easy, NO WAY

Old 07-14-2013, 04:27 AM

Link to Isaac's Syndrome Forum and these are a few links and a good video, not everyone gets all the symptoms in the video its not written in stone

Home | ISAAC'S-NMT,CFS-PNH FORUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2GEGt7fVXU

Wallet WebSite: Nerve

Old 04-08-2015, 01:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,359 times
can someone please help me ,mynuerologist put me on gabapentin 300mg, for muscle twitching its constant all day and nite. what kind of biopsy do I need to diagnose this ..

Old 04-27-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwilson198346 View Post
can someone please help me ,mynuerologist put me on gabapentin 300mg, for muscle twitching its constant all day and nite. what kind of biopsy do I need to diagnose this ..
Hi,
Sorry it took me awhile I don't get to here much anymore.

Have you had an EMG? The test is where the Dr etc inserts these tiny needles into nerves, its not really as bad as it sounds,

Does the Gabapentin help? Can you see the twitching? or its it internal (you can feel it inside like constant movement)

I had a biopsy in leg, did not show anything

I know how horrible this feels, it can drive one insane

Electromyography]Electromyography (EMG) - Mayo Clinic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness