Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 10:22 AM

18,439 posts, read 18,566,230 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else suffer from motion sickness as an adult..I ve had it all my life really bad.. and at 71 I still suffer... I cant travel in the back of a car and with some drivers Im even sick sitting in the front seat.. I cant turn my head in a car, cant read while moving, or pick up something from the floor,, changing direction makes me instantly feel sick.. no matter what Ive tried nothing works.. I can travel on a plane or train no problem but boats or cars no...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 11:46 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,708,824 times
What have you tried? The anti-nausea bracelet? Pharmacist told me they usually work well. Meds? Do you get seasick??

Have you discussed this with your MD??

Old 08-22-2018, 11:50 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,982,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Does anyone else suffer from motion sickness as an adult..I ve had it all my life really bad.. and at 71 I still suffer... I cant travel in the back of a car and with some drivers Im even sick sitting in the front seat.. I cant turn my head in a car, cant read while moving, or pick up something from the floor,, changing direction makes me instantly feel sick.. no matter what Ive tried nothing works.. I can travel on a plane or train no problem but boats or cars no...

On line there are some exercises available for motion sickness. I did not find a good instructor; but have you tried looking? I experienced vertigo and I went to Dr Jo's vertigo exercises and it went away in a short time. I did find this one link that suggest one medication is better than another: https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2...ur-seasickness. I also found this one site that gives 'sure cures' for motion sickness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2GdBasmZ_E.

The problem with that video is that ne never tells how many repetitions; I did not think he looked like a good trainer. However; if it works then it would be good.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:02 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,947,433 times
I'm the same way, and use non-drowsy Dramamine for it.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:29 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,564,284 times
I’m the same way even if I take prescription nausea meds. I have even gotten car sick while driving. No issue on planes or even cruise ships but littler boats forget it.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:08 PM

22,901 posts, read 18,183,801 times
Quote:
Both my sisters have always had it. They are now in their 60s. One thing I notice is that they get themselves worked up about the upcoming car ride, boat ride, or whatever their trigger is so it's a self-fulfilling prophesy. They expect to get sick so they do. The anxiety or anticipation plays into it for many people. You might consider a relaxation routine in addition to an anti-nausea med before that sort of travel.

Old 08-22-2018, 04:09 PM

18,439 posts, read 18,566,230 times
I dont expect to get sick , as Im always in the front of the car with the driver.. its neck and head movements as well as the car going round corners or jerking that cause it most... I had a friend who was so bad a driver that even after seconds in her car I felt nauseous... while with my hubby Ive travelled for twelve hours and not felt sick...

Old 08-22-2018, 05:41 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,346,461 times
Default Woofing my coookies since 1951

Quote:
98% of the time I'm the driver. But as a child I'd woof my cookies all the time. Back then I think a lot of vehicle exhaust contributed to the problem.

Then I was sail racing in the winter. Pear cider was the only thing I could drink. Decades later I find out that pear cider has a natural anti-nausea drug. !!!

Old 08-22-2018, 09:07 PM

127 posts, read 139,117 times
Try the non-drowsy Ginger pills that Dramamine makes. No drowsiness or side effects and very effective. Take one every night and every morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness