Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:16 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,691 times

Advertisements

Have you been to the doctor yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 09:20 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,423,332 times
Yes, I went the other day. The red spot is just an "age freckle." I forget the scientific name for it. My stomach is somewhat better, but not perfect. If it does not improve, I am going to a GI doctor.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,315 times
I am asian male aged 38 years. I live of fizzy drinks, red meat and spicy food. I recently found out that I am diabetic. Two weeks ago I went on a trip and ate alot of meat and spicy sea food. Early Hours of the Sunday My stomach felt like it was on fire and I was consipated passing blood in my stools. My tummy and anal passage was on fire. I felt like I was in labour. Its two I still feel the my stomach is on fire and raw inside. I went to the hospital and the blood and urine test states that I am disbetic. Can some advice me how I should treat this problem and what my diet should be since I am new to this

Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Is there any associated rash with this soreness?

If so, it could be shingles.

Best bet- go see your primary care physician. It sounds as though you need a visual examination, somethng which cannot be given on the boards, and possibly some blood tests or radiology studies.

Good luck
Shingles generally follows a large nerve, though. I don't know that you have a large nerve local to your liver. This sounds to me like it could be a bacterial infection. Is the soreness more like a "workout" soreness or does it remind you of an "underground zit?" Is it only on your right side? Only below your ribs or above and below?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:40 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,768,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSo View Post
I've been into self healing since 1991 when I started having health problems,luckily at that time I'd been working at a health food store and was able to get my hands on some quick and effective advice. Since then I've been observing how much the medical system has been failing and was glad I discovered the information early on so I wouldn't be left hanging about what to do about my own health.

Anyway,there's this stuff I've been using for about 10 years now called Noni. It has many uses,kind of like 'cures what ails ya'. I use it for 'mystery' ailments until I can figure out what it is(or in most people's cases until they can get to the doctor).

Nature's Sunshine
The power of placebo is truly amazing, but I suggest anyone seriously considering self-medication or solely relying on alternative remedies check out this site:

Quackwatch

Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM

468 posts, read 580,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
The power of placebo is truly amazing, but I suggest anyone seriously considering self-medication or solely relying on alternative remedies check out this site:

Quackwatch
I appreciate your skepticism,but as I mentioned I have been doing this for over 15 years and it saved my life.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:26 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Could be alot of thngs causing it. I thnik guesssing does little good in this case. Two weeks does seem like a long time to wait tho.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM

672 posts, read 5,821,646 times
Maybe you have irritable bowel syndrome and the pain you're feeling is spasms in the digestive tract in that area. I've had the exact same thing in the same area and that's what it was. I have irritable bowel and sometimes I'll get the same pain in other areas for a few weeks at a time. You may want to look into the possibility of irritable bowel.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
Possibly gall bladder disease. Is it exagerated by certain foods?
this is what I was thinking.......gall bladder, I had to have mine removed because the pain was horrible, to say the least!

Old 11-20-2009, 02:24 PM

3 posts, read 6,638 times
WHAT DID THE DR END UP TELLING YOU... CUS i FEEL EXACTLY LIKE YOU DO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness