Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times

Advertisements

I'm serious, I'm talking NEVER! You guys probably wonder how this can be. I've known my boyfriend for over 15 years & I never remember a time when he even had a cold (runny nose, coughing, &/or sore throat, fever). He gets a cough at times, but there's no other symptoms along with that. He never gets stomachaches or headaches either.

He doesn't exercise, have a good diet, nor takes vitamins or has any other health regimes & even has a thyroid condition in which he takes medication. He doesn't smoke, drink, etc. either.

I get sick about 1 or 2x/yr, like the average person, but he never catches it from me.

Do you know people like this? I'd like to know what their secret is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,655 times
I'm 21 and I've never been to a doctor in my life as far as I can remember. I have my vaccines in order and I go to the dentist once a year. Apart from that I've never entered a doctor's office.

I might have the occasional sore throat or congested nose but it usually goes away in 2 or 3 days.

But well, I avoid fried food, I don't smoke and barely drink alcohol.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:14 PM

73 posts, read 151,079 times
I'm also 21 and in my adulthood I've gotten sick maybe once or twice...I'd attribute much of that to eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and exercising 6 days/week. Never smoked, drink once or twice a month and sleep 7-8hrs/day. My family isn't as health conscious so their diet differs from mine (white vs. whole grain bread, red meat vs. lean poultry/fish, lack of fruits/veggies & exercise), and they're sick much more often than me...and that is when I chime in my two cents about living healthy to avoid being sick

Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
My friend is age 63 and has never needed to see a doctor in her adult life. This means, of course, that she has a profound luck thing going, because she has had no injuries in her life, regardless of health status. She chalks it up to supplements---husband owns a health food store---and an incredibly restrictive diet excluding all flour products, dairy, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, eating in restaurants, etc.

On the other hand, she has few friends because of her Nazi eating habits and scolding attitude :0

Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
I don't think there is any one magic bullet that keeps people from getting sick. I'm healthy; I'm very strict with my diet, avoid sugars, processed foods, rarely eat out, etc, I am very active also. I exercise regularly, as well as mountain climb, ski, hike, backpack, mountain bike. Yet I get sick. I've also noticed as I get older that all those harsh activities are starting to take a toll on my body as far as aches and pains.

Then there are others who don't take care of themselves and never get sick. I work with such a person. So..who knows? Probably depends on certain genetic makeups, and environment as much as personal health.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
my grandmother..as a kid her while family was very very sick and half of them all died of yellow fever but her and her mom lived and they gave them this "experimental" shot , she hasn't been sick since she was like 10 and shes almost 100 now, she doesn't even get colds

Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
My 10 y.o. son. Has never had anything - I cannot remember him having a fever, no ear infections, no flu, really cant recall any bad colds. it is the oddest thing.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 AM

195 posts, read 350,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
my grandmother..as a kid her while family was very very sick and half of them all died of yellow fever but her and her mom lived and they gave them this "experimental" shot , she hasn't been sick since she was like 10 and shes almost 100 now, she doesn't even get colds
That's really odd, I think I want that experimental shot too.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold on to the Nights View Post
That's really odd, I think I want that experimental shot too.
i know right?! i don't know why he didn't move forward because so far there have been no side effects..maybe it was too efficient? leaving no room for the money you can earn from sickness?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
I am married with two children. My husband and eldest son NEVER get sick while my youngest and I catch everything that comes around (then we play catch with it back and forth).

It is really irritating since we ate the same diet, lived in the same home, and my boys have the same parents. It is the same to this day (my boys are grown men). Sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness