U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM

567 posts, read 725,610 times

Advertisements

Oh yes my cat loves milk too!!!! I like to see people buying milk at the grocery store!!! There is no such thing as lactose intolerance...it is all in people's heads (not any person posting on CD of course) ....twinkle twinkle little star!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 PM

487 posts, read 585,835 times
I thought this topic was dairy ingestion in adults?

Old 04-08-2013, 04:35 PM

12,411 posts, read 14,825,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
Oh yes my cat loves milk too!!!! I like to see people buying milk at the grocery store!!! There is no such thing as lactose intolerance...it is all in people's heads (not any person posting on CD of course) ....twinkle twinkle little star!!
That is a very ill informed post. Do you, or those close to you receive any remuneration from the dairy industry, by any chance?

Why would anyone 'like' to see people purchasing any particular product at the grocery store?

Perhaps you could write to these illustrious institutions and inform them of your intelligent discovery, that there is no such thing as lactose intolerance?

Lactose intolerance - MayoClinic.com
Lactose Intolerance Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Tests
Lactose intolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lactose Intolerance - National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse

Why do you expose yourself by making such far fetched comments?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 AM

5,288 posts, read 16,597,461 times
I live without any dairy and do just great. I live without any animal products and am perfectly healthy. I have Celiac and live without wheat, rye or barley and I am doing just fine, I eat no refined sugar either (just fruit).....yep, you can live quite nicely without eating every food under the sun. Eat what you want and what makes you feel good...your yearly physical results should help you and your doctor determine what, if anything, you need to eliminate or add to your diet.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM

18,872 posts, read 33,787,037 times
My cats get excellent diets. Of course, cats that live outside have NO idea how to eat and survive (never mind we're on 55 acres) and insist in supplementing their diets with what they would eat if they were left to their own devices (mice, birds, rats, the occasional rabbit). And still they love milk! (Yes, I know all about the digestive thing and diarrhea and it appears to be the case for SOME cats, not ALL cats.) Just like bad reactions to dairy occur for SOME humans, not ALL humans.)

One wonders just what cats would do if we weren't around to control their diets and their lives. Would the species disappear entirely, or would they be healthier overall as a result?

Old 04-09-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
My cats get excellent diets. Of course, cats that live outside have NO idea how to eat and survive (never mind we're on 55 acres) and insist in supplementing their diets with what they would eat if they were left to their own devices (mice, birds, rats, the occasional rabbit). And still they love milk! (Yes, I know all about the digestive thing and diarrhea and it appears to be the case for SOME cats, not ALL cats.) Just like bad reactions to dairy occur for SOME humans, not ALL humans.)

One wonders just what cats would do if we weren't around to control their diets and their lives. Would the species disappear entirely, or would they be healthier overall as a result?
Well, sure, that's what I said. Cats who live outdoors, cats on farms where they have to scavenge for food, will ingest whatever they can to survive, won't they? Just like the people in Russia during WWII eating shoe leather and wallpaper paste. Any port in a storm . . .

Old 04-09-2013, 04:18 PM

239 posts, read 371,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Well, sure, that's what I said. Cats who live outdoors, cats on farms where they have to scavenge for food, will ingest whatever they can to survive, won't they? Just like the people in Russia during WWII eating shoe leather and wallpaper paste. Any port in a storm . . .
apples to oranges.

cats prefer milk

Did Russians prefer shoe leather and wallpaper paste ?

Old 04-09-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Mac View Post
apples to oranges.

cats prefer milk

Did Russians prefer shoe leather and wallpaper paste ?
Cats and Milk: Lactose Intolerance and Other Dietary Concerns

. . . most veterinarians don't recommend it. Cats don’t need milk, and the potential problems outweigh the potential benefits.
This article says that most mammals, as they mature from childhood, decrease their ability to produce lactase.

I had had maybe seven or nine cats in my life and NONE would touch milk as adults. They were all fed the best food that I could buy and a variety of different foods, not just one brand. They also received vitamins.

So, it has been my experience that an adult cat with a well balanced diet do not want milk.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM

My farm cats were always happy and healthy and they always drank milk.

They really loved drinking milk.

I was so proud of them !

Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Here's a really crazy, out there idea.

If milk and/or milk products agree with you, and you like them, enjoy!

If they don't, then don't, and don't worry about what anyone else is enjoying.

Sounds simple, right? Apparently not, as it's equally apparent that we've raised a culture of people who really really really care what other people are eating that they personally don't like or doesn't agree with them and that's just so wrong!

Best post yet !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness