Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:29 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,018,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
From your earlier post it seems your husband's cholesterol wasn't particularly high anyway. I am surprised to see his total at 160, but his other number not good> I don't really think, the fact that your doctor is Harvard trained or graduated from the University of Mississippi really makes a lot of difference. I do think, his being a vegan and trying to convince others to follow his way of eating might be a little over the top. This would be like a Baptist doctor who never drinks alcohol or a Mormon who never drinks coffee suggesting all his patients follow in his footstep. I am glad hubby's diet has worked for him and I think it is great you have made an adjustment to your eating habits. I don't think this is what works for everyone. From what you have said, he ate a really unhealthy diet, not just slightly so. 15 eggs a week and meat with every meal isn't doing anything in moderation. think:
This is your opinion which I do not agree with. Medical schools do differ as do the quality of doctors they produce. You are mistaken if you think I am trying to convince anyone to become vegan....I am stating the results of our plant based diet. Most people do not have the discipline to eat the way we do and thus they often never lose the weight they need to or quickly regain what they have lost. I think for us it is a superior way of eating to most of the diets I see outlined on these forums. We aren't on a "diet"....we have totally changed the way we eat and think about food. No desserts and no added fats like oil. Whole foods put together deliciously. We don't feel hungry or deprived and we have never backslid or gained weight since adopting a plant based diet. ...we have consistently lost. But we are very dedicated to eating healthy. This is all because of the quality of our eating plan . We are average people who got tired of being overweight and going on diets that never worked. We got tired of having high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I got tired of the way I looked in clothing. I now wear size 6 skinny jeans and tucked in blouses. I will wear a bathing suit this summer for the first time in years. My husband's carotid artery blockage has stablized. How could a diet that has produced such wonderful results be "over the top"?

Last edited by Cattknap; 04-29-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness