Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 02:05 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,398,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What's CTA?
cover their as I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,629,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I had a nurse almost inject me with Augmenten via IV in an ER, I stopped her and asked what is that drug? she acted like I was some silly kid being out of line, and said "its something the doctor wants you to have". I said WHAT IS IT? turned out it was Augmentin, a form of penicillian. She still argued, well if doctor prescribed it, it must be ok. I think not!
Some nurses are smarter than doctors. Some nurses aren't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:18 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,177,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Doctors ask all these questions to cover themselves from future malpractice litigation. Nothing is worse than being on a witness stand and having someone ask you a question about a patient and you have no knowledge of the condition. It makes you look inept and incompetent. So they try to find out as much as possible about you.

If you feel that it does not impact your kidney health at all, I would not mention it. But that is just me.

20yrsinBranson
Clearly you have NO idea what you are talking about, nor do most folks on this thread....

There are valid reasons for getting a COMPLETE medical history from patients no matter what the presenting problem and it doesn't just have to do with medications and their interactions...

It has nothing to do with "covering ones self from future malpractice litigation" or "looking inept"....

If you choose to with hold information from your health care provider because "you think" it doesn't apply go ahead, the only one you are hurting is yourself...

Old 04-20-2013, 03:26 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,116,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Clearly you have NO idea what you are talking about, nor do most folks on this thread....

There are valid reasons for getting a COMPLETE medical history from patients no matter what the presenting problem and it doesn't just have to do with medications and their interactions...

It has nothing to do with "covering ones self from future malpractice litigation" or "looking inept"....

If you choose to with hold information from your health care provider because "you think" it doesn't apply go ahead, the only one you are hurting is yourself...
It's quite clear these doctors are just out to get these people or to bring them some form of harm. God knows why they see doctors at all. They should just bust out the tea leaves and hum for their medical care.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:27 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,177,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's quite clear these doctors are just out to get these people or to bring them some form of harm. God knows why they see doctors at all. They should just bust out the tea leaves and hum for their medical care.
Exactly

Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 PM

102,076 posts, read 106,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
Going to see a kidney doctor today, on the form one of the questions is if I have a psychiatric problem which I interpret as a mental disorder, which I do. I was professionally diagnosed by a psychologist with a dissociative disorder, dissociative disorder not otherwise specified is the specific name for my mental disorder, it just means that I didn't meet the diagnosis for Depersonalization disorder since I have more symptoms, but why would a kidney doctor want to know this? What can they do with this information? Are they going to contact my health insurance about it? I never used or plan to use my health insurance for mental health. Can they notify my employer? I don't get it. Should I even put that on the form? My last therapist told me it isn't a good idea to use health insurance for mental health, something about they can deny you in the future or something like that
Leave the question blank.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM

102,076 posts, read 106,933,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII;29216240 I AM allergic to penicillian. Really, I am! I always list it, but they usually just ignore it. I had a nurse almost inject me with Augmenten via IV in an ER, I stopped her and asked what is that drug? she acted like I was some silly kid being out of line, and said "its something the doctor wants you to have". I said WHAT IS IT? turned out it was Augmentin, a form of penicillian. She still argued, well if[I
doctor[/i] prescribed it, it must be ok. I think not!(
A good example of why the patient has to be ever-vigilant, and watchdog the doctors and nurses. Oversights, lapses and ignorance are all too common. That doc could have ended up facing a malpractice suit.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Leave the question blank.
Perhaps, or leave it blank and end up with a severe drug-drug Interaction (DDI) then the OP can sue the pharma companies, and possibly the doctor, and sit pretty. The American way! Of course, as a pharmaceutical scientist, I think people should not take drugs under any circumstance and just let nature take its course.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:17 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,636,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You have to hum at exactly the correct frequency and volume, or else it won't work and you'll just keep being sick. Look at all the people who've tried it and got sick anyway - see? They weren't doing it right.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
You have to hum at exactly the correct frequency and volume, or else it won't work and you'll just keep being sick. Look at all the people who've tried it and got sick anyway - see? They weren't doing it right.
We could train with those Buddhist Monks who make three sounds at once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness